The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Apparently this might have happened because he was playing through a knee strain that some experts suggested he rest. 

His season this year has been kind of bad since he came back. Sucks he might have rushed back and suffered significant damage

If this is true then that is very reckless and incompetent from Indiana’s staff. Hope the injury isn’t too evasive and Vic can fully heal. 

As I said last night, I’ve come to the conclusion that Fournier has hit his ceiling, and his ceiling is rather low. I believe the guy is giving 100%, and I think he’s doing the things the coach is asking him to do. The problem is the Nets somehow found or developed Russell, Dinwiddie and possibly Harris to be better than Fournier, and most competitive teams now have better guard and wing play than us. The bottom line is we need to be really honest in the self-evaluation of the personnel on our team, as a camry will never perform like a corvette. 

8 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If this is true then that is very reckless and incompetent from Indiana’s staff. Hope the injury isn’t too evasive and Vic can fully heal. 

Yeah. From December 4th

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. From December 4th

Damn... bad look. Gotta feel for the kid wanting to be out there, but it’s a training staff’s job to protect players from themselves. Hope VO can make a full recovery. One of my favorites on and off the court

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

As I said last night, I’ve come to the conclusion that Fournier has hit his ceiling, and his ceiling is rather low. I believe the guy is giving 100%, and I think he’s doing the things the coach is asking him to do. The problem is the Nets somehow found or developed Russell, Dinwiddie and possibly Harris to be better than Fournier, and most competitive teams now have better guard and wing play than us. The bottom line is we need to be really honest in the self-evaluation of the personnel on our team, as a camry will never perform like a corvette. 

I concur, it’s time!

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If Evan could have embraced a Danny Green type role, he’d be solid, but he thinks he’s more of a Kobe Bryant

The problem is it's tough to find a replacement. It'd be one thing if there were a bunch of cheaper guys that can get you 14ppg in an off ball role. 

48 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If Evan could have embraced a Danny Green type role, he’d be solid, but he thinks he’s more of a Kobe Bryant

Honestly, that's as much Clifford and our lack of playmaking at PG this year. He is shooting 32.4% above the break on 225 attempts and 46.2% from the left corner on only 39 attempts. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Lets offer Fournier for Oladipo right now! :)

Indiana would hang up the phone, and then fall on the floor rolling with laughter.