The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

How will everyone feel if we resign VUC? Me personally I would hate it.

It will be like to me if the Bucs resign Winston. I’m out 

• Like 1

We need our inside man to casually insult Vucevic again in front of his wife.  

21 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah the whole lineup is predicated on majority of players hitting open shots because we don’t have that guy who consistently get his outside and inside.

The problem with that is that most of our players don’t consistently hit open shots.  Part of the reason is the total emphasis on length in our drafting, rather than shooting.  As many of us have been saying for years, the team needs more shooting.  

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The problem with that is that most of our players don’t consistently hit open shots.  Part of the reason is the total emphasis on length in our drafting, rather than shooting.  As many of us have been saying for years, the team needs more shooting.  

We really don't though. 4 of our top 8 are currently above average shooters. Fournier should be in that group but he's being impacted by that early year slump still. 

In December we're 12th in three point percentage and 12th in made threes per game. 

Shooting isn't really a problem. And over the past few games it's not the typical poor shooters that's causing any issues. Iwundu is at 50%, Gordon 40%, Isaac 38%. Vucevic is at 17%, Ross at 27%, Augustin at 33%.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Nah we need a guy who can not only shoot but create offense besides shooting. Get to the line, isolation, and create for others. 

• Like 1