The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I wouldn't trade for Fultz without seeing the report from the doctor's evaluation on his shoulder first.

In other news Vuc is rated top 6 in the NBA for PER https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251730/NBA-PER-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Anthony-Davis-Take-Over-Top-Two-Spots

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I wouldn't trade for Fultz without seeing the report from the doctor's evaluation on his shoulder first.

In other news Vuc is rated top 6 in the NBA for PER https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251730/NBA-PER-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Anthony-Davis-Take-Over-Top-Two-Spots

Even if he does walk after the season Od love to see him get the all-star bid and a playoff run. That way his Magic legacy isn’t empty stats. 

26 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Step 1: Vucevic is good now

Step 2: Well actually he’s always been good

Step 3: Cant believe Orlando has been misusing Vucevic for 6 years, just like all their other prospects. Trash franchise.

Edit: This is where we’re headed with the current media attention.

Media-vucevic is a fantastic player

Me-oh cool, so somebody should give up something significant to get him?

Media- no. No teams need him

Vucevic is the first top 5 player in the NBA to be outside of the top 10 at his position lol. 

26 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Step 1: Vucevic is good now

Step 2: Well actually he’s always been good

Step 3: Cant believe Orlando has been misusing Vucevic for 6 years, just like all their other prospects. Trash franchise.

Edit: This is where we’re headed with the current media attention.

Yeah, a lot of people haven't been watching the Magic, so jump right to the counting stats and the 2 games a year that they have seen him where he played well and making judgments off of that. There is a reason he has been on the block for 2 or so years. They are missing the lazy defense that he played in the past, the selfish and also lazy offense that he often played as well, and his overall demeanor through parts of prior seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I love what he is doing right now. If we decide not to trade him and he continues to play at a similar level for the rest of the year, aggressive offense, great passing and teamwork, working on the defensive end within his limitations, then I will enjoy every moment of it. But, while the stats might look similar to prior years, the Vuch of today is not playing like the Vuch of the past- which is where he earned his reputation.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The final step is the Lakers should trade for Vucevic because Orlando doesn't deserve him.  You all know should know better.  

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Random thoughts from today’s win:

- Vooch is playing like an all-star

- Augustin is providing solid stability and leadership 

- AG is playing contained yet dynamic two-way ball

- Ross is the perfect sixth man assassin

- Isaac is really flashing on defense 

- Bamba is still struggling with court awareness and the speed of the game

- Fournier is still trying to figure out how to play team ball

All in all, Clifford has done a great job coaching this team. I’m very impressed so far.

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Media-vucevic is a fantastic player

Me-oh cool, so somebody should give up something significant to get him?

Media- no. No teams need him

Vucevic is the first top 5 player in the NBA to be outside of the top 10 at his position lol. 

Teams that could probably use Vuch (in no specific order):

1. Bucks (Vuch is better than Lopez)

2. Celtics (I think Horford is maybe on the decline.)

3. Hornets (Who is their Center, really?)

4. Clippers (Boban is good in short bursts, Gortat isn't that effective anymore.)

5. Trailblazers (Better than any center on their roster)

6. Lakers (He'd help out a lot for them.)

7. Kings (if they are serious this year)

8. Pelicans (I could see this working for them, plus they need shooting.)

9. Mavericks (Better long term to Jordan if they can resign him. Better than Jordan right now too.)

There are probably more, but that is already a decent number that could probably use him.

We should trade for a better creator to lead our bench. I think we'll make the playoffs comfortably if we get just a little more offense.

Korkmaz would be great or even...

MARIO HEZONJA

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We should trade for a better creator to lead our bench. I think we'll make the playoffs comfortably if we get just a little more offense.

MARIO HEZONJA

Lol

46 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

MARIO HEZONJA

Hahahaha!!!

It might have already been mentioned, but would you trade for Fultz if all they asked for was the top-20 protected OKC pick? I think I read an article that said if OKC lands somewhere in the top 20, then we retain the pick and all we would give up are future 2nd round picks. I would take a flyer on Fultz for that. I would also be interested to see what the Nets want for DRuss. With them playing pretty well right now, I bet they'd want some Fournier/Ross combo.

I think Vuc has been playing great...almost like the Magic drafted a guy to replace him and he's motivated to prove them wrong. I would love to see him continue to play like this with Bamba pushing him to improve his defensive awareness. It's almost like the Gortat/Howard thing. I think Vuc/Bamba compliment each other pretty well and could help each other out. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

MARIO HEZONJA

Mario is shooting 38% from the field and 25% from 3. Did our management maybe see something that we didn't because we were all blinded during some stretches of good games?