Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I’ll be curious to see if he matures a bit around Conley and Gasol. Noticed him pouting on the court a couple times last night when he had post possession and didn’t get the ball. Threw his hands down and just walked away while the play was still happening. He’s super young, but it’s not clear to me what his role will be on that veteran team. That could be a bumpy transition. 

I see him as more of a perimeter oriented big after seeing him play last night at least at this point in his career.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said last season that Isaac was the most impressive rookie I had ever seen playing defense and the kid is still improving. I could easily see him win a few DPOYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Who would you have taken in the top 5 above him?

From what I’ve seen in summer league Bamba, Ayton, Knox, and carter jr. I’d also take doncic over him of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

From what I’ve seen in summer league Bamba, Ayton, Knox, and carter jr. I’d also take doncic over him of course

Summer league is a pretty crap way to measure player's abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That’s the one thing with Jackson. He comes off as sort of a diva to me. Dad played in the nba. He has a sort of entitlement to him. This is the guy who essentially told Memphis not to draft him. Dont get me wrong he was one of my favorite players in the draft it’s just something I’ve noticed. He could end up with quite the ego. 

That bad shimy too the crowd in his first game is all u needed to see. He has talent but an awkward release. I see a very streaky shooter and a possible head case down the line. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That bad shimy too the crowd in his first game is all u needed to see. He has talent but an awkward release. I see a very streaky shooter and a possible head case down the line. 

Bamba and Isaac falling to 6 in both drafts will be a textbook study of draft competency for years to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I’ll be curious to see if he matures a bit around Conley and Gasol. Noticed him pouting on the court a couple times last night when he had post possession and didn’t get the ball. Threw his hands down and just walked away while the play was still happening. He’s super young, but it’s not clear to me what his role will be on that veteran team. That could be a bumpy transition. 

He gon learn real quick. 

39 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Who would you have taken in the top 5 above him?

I had him at 6.5 on my big board, shared with Carter.  It should be noted I had Porter at 5, without full (legitimate) knowledge of his injury status.  If you take Porter out of the equation I would have taken Jackson at 6 with the assumption of Carter at 5.  I think he can be a good player, I had him in the same tier as Carter, Sexton, Bridges, and Knox.  I really liked Knox, I think he'll be better than Jackson next season..more of a higher floor kind of thing.  My rub with Jackson is that he didn't look like an NBA player in college when he matched up against other NBA-caliber/older players.  He is very raw, which is concerning to me considering his blue blood status-they tend to be more polished.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Bamba and Isaac falling to 6 in both drafts will be a textbook study of draft competency for years to come

Yep. I slightly remember Issac getting some top 3-4 love last year but it was only from a couple of “experts”. Wish I remembered who but I do remember a couple guys having him really high.

Bamba this year it was just assumed he was going to go after Ayton/Bagly/Doncic/Jackson by just about everyone. Not sure why. Because he is so intelligent he might lose interest in basketball? Did anyone else here that report from Doris Burke yesterday when they were interviewing Weltman? He laughed it off that people were actually penalizing Bamba for being Ivy League Smart but apparently that was actually a thing. 

I don’t think most people had Young a head of Bamba, that was only the hawks lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. I slightly remember Issac getting some top 3-4 love last year but it was only from a couple of “experts”. Wish I remembered who but I do remember a couple guys having him really high.

Bamba this year it was just assumed he was going to go after Ayton/Bagly/Doncic/Jackson by just about everyone. Not sure why. Because he is so intelligent he might lose interest in basketball? Did anyone else here that report from Doris Burke yesterday when they were interviewing Weltman? He laughed it off that people were actually penalizing Bamba for being Ivy League Smart but apparently that was actually a thing. 

I don’t think most people had Young a head of Bamba, that was only the hawks lol. 

God bless the Hawks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson is going to be a good player. He is still very young and we cant make any judgment on what we have seen Over the past few games as the memphis summer league roster really sucks. 

I see Bamba and Ayton coming out as the best 2 bigs from this year draft followed by Jackson and Carter. The problem with Jackson is the team that drafted him. Bamba or even Ayton will not has been any better on that team either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. I slightly remember Issac getting some top 3-4 love last year but it was only from a couple of “experts”. Wish I remembered who but I do remember a couple guys having him really high.

Bamba this year it was just assumed he was going to go after Ayton/Bagly/Doncic/Jackson by just about everyone. Not sure why. Because he is so intelligent he might lose interest in basketball? Did anyone else here that report from Doris Burke yesterday when they were interviewing Weltman? He laughed it off that people were actually penalizing Bamba for being Ivy League Smart but apparently that was actually a thing. 

I don’t think most people had Young a head of Bamba, that was only the hawks lol. 

I thought going into the draft that there was a chance Bamba could fall to us and I would be completely ok with that.  He's one of those proverbial unicorn prospects that has so much upside.  Plus there was talk that Ainge was looking to move up to take him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×