Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

JJZFL    106
3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Man some of you are going to be upset when we sign Gordon for near max money

But you shouldn't be. 

I’m not excited by that prospect either.  Definitely a risk.  If he makes good strides over the next couple of years it’s a big win. If he doesn’t, we have another untradeable player on a long contract that hurts us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    479
1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not excited by that prospect either.  Definitely a risk.  If he makes good strides over the next couple of years it’s a big win. If he doesn’t, we have another untradeable player on a long contract that hurts us. 

He’ll fit right in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,582
16 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not excited by that prospect either.  Definitely a risk.  If he makes good strides over the next couple of years it’s a big win. If he doesn’t, we have another untradeable player on a long contract that hurts us. 

Nah he's never going to be untradable because even if he's basically a 15 ppg energy guy (basically the aggregate of the last two years) he's still going to be considerably valuable because he can switch 5 positions on defense. 

So get him to take a 4 year deal to hedge a little bit and if in two years he hasn't made progress it's not going to be really difficult to move him. And if you can't find a great deal at that point the rest of the crappy deals have already fallen off at that point so it's no big issue to just wait his contract out for another year and he's just a giant 25 year old expiring contract that would considerably help a young team trying to take a step forward in the playoffs. 

It's different with Wiggins who is inefficient on offense, a poor defender, has three years of pretty stagnant numbers, and 5 years of a Max extension ahead of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AG is one I would keep. His work in the off season shows how determined he is to be great. Idk if he’ll get there but he will improve. Now for vuc and Evan they have peaked and we need to move them at all costs. Even if we have to take back a bad contract as long as it only two years. Their mindsets have to be eliminated from this teams culture. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauro Pedrosa    460
21 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

AG is one I would keep. His work in the off season shows how determined he is to be great. Idk if he’ll get there but he will improve. Now for vuc and Evan they have peaked and we need to move them at all costs. Even if we have to take back a bad contract as long as it only two years. Their mindsets have to be eliminated from this teams culture. 

Couldn't agree more

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

AG is a tough call. I wouldn't want to be the one to make it!

 

Really shouldn’t be that tough. NBA management 101 - Don’t let assets walk for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTMagicUK    255

I'm keeping AG. Oladipo is proof that you can't give up on a guy after 4 years. He Just became an All Star in season 5 after being traded twice. In hindsight our trading of him looks awful. I'm willing to gamble overpaying AG this summer to ensure we don't miss out on him blowing up. Gordon Haywards another guy who got better in year 5 and beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJZFL    106
17 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm keeping AG. Oladipo is proof that you can't give up on a guy after 4 years. He Just became an All Star in season 5 after being traded twice. In hindsight our trading of him looks awful. I'm willing to gamble overpaying AG this summer to ensure we don't miss out on him blowing up. Gordon Haywards another guy who got better in year 5 and beyond. 

Problem with that is that there are also plenty of guys who in hindsight one might wish we got rid of earlier, including Vuch and EP.  You can't really look after the fact at one particular player and generalize that what happened to him would also happen to everyone else.  There are tons of examples of "busts" where teams overpaid players and wound up regretting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    479
19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really shouldn’t be that tough. NBA management 101 - Don’t let assets walk for nothing

Yep. Resign them like Dipo than Trade them for nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Jaudon    147
5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. Resign them like Dipo than Trade them for nothing. 

No, Hennigan traded Oladipo because he didn't want to re-sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×