magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

what do you think the price tag is for Dinwiddie? cheap salary and UFA next summer.

I'm liking him A LOT.

A first rounder and I like him too but I doubt Nets will let him go

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Supposedly he’s meeting with the Lakers today, too

He is going to meet with Lakers today and it is between Thunder, Lakers, Warriors, and Hornets

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

He is going to meet with Lakers today and it is between Thunder, Lakers, Warriors, and Hornets

Big, if true. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Playing devil’s advocate here. 

But if you’re LA why would you trade all of your young talent away for Khawi when you can just sign him outright in a year and not dismantle your team?

With Lebron signing a 4 year deal it almost seems like that’s the plan. See how he fits with guys like ball/Ingram/kuzma this year than form the roster next summer with Khawi. 

40 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Two Words: Paul George

Yep. Paul George proves that the best way to get a guy is to have the guy already on your team.

I think if a team like Philly trades for him and gets even just to the ECF, there is a good chance he stays.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

Yep. Paul George proves that the best way to get a guy is to have the guy already on your team.

I think if a team like Philly trades for him and gets even just to the ECF, there is a good chance he stays.

I agree. I was just playing devil’s advocate. Nothing is guaranteed so if you want someone I’m a believer you should go out and get them. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

I agree. I was just playing devil’s advocate. Nothing is guaranteed so if you want someone I’m a believer you should go out and get them. 

For the Lakers, it might be an okay bet to wait, especially if he doesn't leave the Spurs. If he is still with the Spurs and doesn't sign an extension (which I currently think would be the case, if he stayed), I think the Lakers have a good shot at signing him as an FA- which is definitely a win for them.

But, to some degree, this whole situation might just be Kawhi wanting a new environment. He knows LA and is comfortable in LA, but who says a year in Philly doesn't make Philly a place that he is comfortable in?

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

They fit if we have an offensive minded 1st option player in the mix. As of now, AG looks like a good 2nd option who should also be focusing on defense but maybe he becomes a first option this year. 

I think people currently see a team mainly made up of 2nd, 3rd, and so on options. 

Enter Isaiah Thomas

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd argue Gordon already make the improvement in ability. He hit 39% catch and shoot and 39% in wide open threes. He makes them at a rate that makes other teams defend him and close out hard. He checks the box you need checked from a forward. 

His gross shooting numbers are crap because he felt the need to take uncontested pull up transition threes. This is evident in his transition numbers which place him in the 24th percentile despite a skill set that would suggest transition as a strength. 

Assuming Gordon realizes this problem and fixes it, a year from now we'll see a bunch of stories about his improvement as a shooter unlocking the rest of his game when in reality he just stopped taking really dumb shots (you'd hope). 

What’s funny is Draymond Green has shot 30.8% and 30.7% the past two years while being a 32.7% career 3pt shooter.  With as much as people consider him the ultimate small ball 5 it’s interesing to know he can’t consistenly spreas te floor. All this while not giving credit to Gordon for shooting 33.6% last year and retooling his game at 22.

8 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Enter Isaiah Thomas

Yuck. No thanks. Why do people keep bringing him up? Did you all not watch him last year? Or look at his statistical production?