magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

Good, you all can shut up about him, he deserved better anyway 

I'm conflicted on this statement.  Our front office is incompetent but our fans have been in a 6 year torture chamber. 

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Anybody whose not the GSW needs him to win a title. 

What they need is competence.  They don't need him to win a title.  The damage of this illusion needs to be undone.  

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

What they need is competence.  They don't need him to win a title.  The damage of this illusion needs to be undone.  

To win a title you need great players not competence. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time and immediately puts you in the conversation for the Finals. You can't say that about any other free agent player.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I'm conflicted on this statement.  Our front office is incompetent but our fans have been in a 6 year torture chamber. 

Kings are interested in Mario, let’s see if he signs there but I think he would be a bad fit there

22 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Speaking of torture chamber, what happened to Nicholson?

• Upvote 1

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2018/6/30/17516494/fanpost-fixing-orlandos-point-guard-spot-cj-mccollum-isaiah-thomas-markelle-fultz

Found this on OPP site.  I found it weird how he mentions DeAngelo Russell as a possible trade target for us with the Nets.  Nobody here has even mentioned him as a possible PG option. I like his scoring ability, but hasn't he had injury issues?  I haven't followed him very closely but I was under the impression he also has some character issues.  

23 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

To win a title you need great players not competence. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time and immediately puts you in the conversation for the Finals. You can't say that about any other free agent player.

You're not winning the finals though.  You can go to the finals and make all your money but you're not winning and this is the east.  

Competent rosters have beaten him with lesser talent.  The Heat were beaten, twice...by old men....with competence.  The Thunder had absolutely terrible offensive philosophy.  The Spurs title was a fringe title as the Spurs were up before being rattled by Ray Allen.  The Spurs came back to redeem that and single-handedly destroyed the most infamous team in the league.  They knew who they were and knew what they had to do to win.  

The Warriors are young adults with competence, high tolerance, and unselfish characters.  There is tension there at times as Draymond critiques players for their defense but it dissipates rather quickly.  These are players with real direction.  They are attacked by opposing fans who wish for their downfall or complain because their a team that stands in an individual's way.   I'd rather see a team win as the spoils and credits are spread among them all rather than an individual.  

The same team that LeBron has beaten has come back to the finals to slap him in the face, three times after going to 7.  They've even gotten better at doing it.  The game has evolved in Golden State's favor.  To beat them, the opponent has no choice but to play along.  Houston was the closest to playing along.  They took the Warriors to 7 whereas the Cavs were relentlessly swept by Golden State.  Even with Kyrie, they were going to be swept as they were beaten 4-1 with a better roster in 2017.  The Warriors are 3-1...against LeBron..the same 3-1 they were teased about for blowing.  

The league..needs more competence, that's all.  You do not need LeBron James to win a title.  Proficiency should be the goal and I believe Boston is the closest to accomplishing this and possibly the Utah Jazz if they can get one more piece.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2018/6/30/17516494/fanpost-fixing-orlandos-point-guard-spot-cj-mccollum-isaiah-thomas-markelle-fultz

Found this on OPP site.  I found it weird how he mentions DeAngelo Russell as a possible trade target for us with the Nets.  Nobody here has even mentioned him as a possible PG option. I like his scoring ability, but hasn't he had injury issues?  I haven't followed him very closely but I was under the impression he also has some character issues.  

I like Russell's potential however I don't like his character.  Some characters affect locker rooms as....we've seen with a previous Magic player??? 

I'm all for Kemba Walker since I can see he hates losing.  

27 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I like Russell's potential however I don't like his character.  Some characters affect locker rooms as....we've seen with a previous Magic player??? 

What’s wrong with his character? Because he broke bro code and got a dude who was cheating on his fiancé caught? 

I know Russell from college (lifetime buckeye fan here) and the kid is far from having character issues. He’s never remotely been in any sort of trouble and is a complete gym rat.

He was actually the guy (as a freshman) that held multiple player only meetings to get the team back on track. He called out multiple players for taking practice lightly and not putting in the off-season work needed to win. Thad sctually has said Russell is on of the hardest workers he ever coached. 

If you don’t like Russell as a player that’s fine but his character isn’t an issue. Maybe guys shouldn’t cheat on their fiancé’s and wives. Idk though, maybe I’m old school. 

I’d be ecstatic with Russell he’s an underrated passer too. 

27 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

If Kemba hates losing, he would not want to come to our Magic since Magic have a losing record for 6 years 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

What’s wrong with his character? Because he broke bro code and got a dude who was cheating on his fiancé caught? 

I know Russell from college (lifetime buckeye fan here) and the kid is far from having character issues. He’s never remotely been in any sort of trouble and is a complete gym rat.

He was actually the guy (as a freshman) that held multiple player only meetings to get the team back on track. He called out multiple players for taking practice lightly and not putting in the off-season work needed to win. Thad sctually has said Russell is on of the hardest workers he ever coached. 

If you don’t like Russell as a player that’s fine but his character isn’t an issue. Maybe guys shouldn’t cheat on their fiancé’s and wives. Idk though, maybe I’m old school. 

I’d be ecstatic with Russell he’s an underrated passer too. 

It's funny how uninformed and easily convinced of complete bull**** some of us are here. First Lonzo is arrogant and now Russell has character issues lol.

I hope no one ever judges any of you with baseless claims the way some of you feel entitled to do here. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I would still take the risk, Magic had not a great point guard since Hardaway 

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Anthony+Johnson+Orlando+Magic+v+Clevelan

• Like 1