magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I've been thinking about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that I'd be cool if Clifford just forced Augustin to pass more. I'm not in love with any of these younger dudes that have questionable shots (Smart, Exum) etc.

I love Kemba but he only has 1 year left and has no reason to re-sign here

I'm still mad that we didn't trade for that Memphis pick (maybe using a 2019 unprotected) because that pick seemed very attainable. Imagine Bamba + Young. Or even trading for Okobo... just no creativity or effort.

If we get a PG it needs to be an unselfish guy that can shoot. I think Tyus Jones is young and cheap enough to be a good option, and he has a great knack for steals.

If it's a veteran, someone who can shoot but won't be too expensive like Patty Mills.

I also like Seth Curry

• Downvote 1

I really don't think we should ever be pissed over deals that we didn't make. There's no way to know if the other team was interested in anything we had or were even looking to trade (I know there were rumours but rumours are rumours).

What about trading for Melo? Ross/Fornier and Vuch for Melo?  Helps them clear cap room. 

Edit:  Just one year on Melo. Probably work a buyout with him but it would at least let us move on from Vuch. 

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I like Frazier more than graham. I think he can be our  2 guard for the future. He is intense on d and his shot looks pretty good and very athletic 

I agree. We had a guardian angel in that draft. Every mistake someone made before we could

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree. We had a guardian angel in that draft. Every mistake someone made before we could

The draft worked out perfectly for us considering our draft spots.  There are some teams that are going to regret the moves they made, I don't think we'll be one of them.  I do wish we had gotten our hands on Devonte as well, even though I like the Frazier pick.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That’s the intel of this new management. My theory suggests that our Management knew they wanted the guys chosen. I read an article that we chose 3 out of the 4 players with the largest wing to height ratio in this draft. I now believe Young or Graham were never the target (unless Graham was the 4th player with huge wing/height ratio?), but the league was made to believe otherwise to make other players’ stock rise. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really don't think we should ever be pissed over deals that we didn't make. There's no way to know if the other team was interested in anything we had or were even looking to trade (I know there were rumours but rumours are rumours).

Exactly. Rumors are rumors. I don’t buy that it was attainable to trade for the Memphis pick and still keep the 6th pick. Also if we traded up for Young at 4 Bamba wasn’t gonna be there at 6. The Atlanta deal never would have happened. 

42 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

That’s the intel of this new management. My theory suggests that our Management knew they wanted the guys chosen. I read an article that we chose 3 out of the 4 players with the largest wing to height ratio in this draft. I now believe Young or Graham were never the target (unless Graham was the 4th player with huge wing/height ratio?), but the league was made to believe otherwise to make other players’ stock rise. 

Yep. I thought/said all along Young wasn’t getting drafted by Hammond/Weltman. 

Look at who they’ve drafted:

Isssc/Iwundu/Bamba/Frazier/Jackson 

Young doesn’t remotely come close to fitting that mold. The bigger question to me was did they have any real interest in Shai? I wonder if they tried to trade back up for him or considered it.