Sign in to follow this  
Magicpassion

Who’s our point guard of the future?

16 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think we’re actually better without him.  

We might be in a vacuum but the point was that he’s better for us than taking on cap space just to get rid of him.

18 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We might be in a vacuum but the point was that he’s better for us than taking on cap space just to get rid of him.

If we keep him we need to move him to the bench. We can't have that gaping hole on defense as part of our starting unit.

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

That’s fair

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I agree

4 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I agree with that also.  But I didn’t think we were even discussing that.  I thought the discussion was getting Brogdon for Vuch and possibly sweetening the deal by us taking a subpar contract.  It was not about paying another team to take Vuch off our hands.  I apologize if I somehow missed something. 

Vuc is helpful to tanking seasons, if we're wanting to get another nice pick next year, it's better to keep him then trade him at either the deadline next year for more great assets or let his contract clear $ on our books

23 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Vuc is helpful to tanking seasons, if we're wanting to get another nice pick next year, it's better to keep him then trade him at either the deadline next year for more great assets or let his contract clear $ on our books

We shouldn't be this bad next year even if we make no changes.  The opening day starters shouldn't miss 140 games next year.  Add another 69 missed games if you go off the original 9 man rotation. 

Last year we only lost 107 games from the entire 10 man rotation.  

Year before that we lost 124 games.

A typical injury season we probably win how many more games? 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We shouldn't be this bad next year even if we make no changes.  The opening day starters shouldn't miss 140 games next year.  Add another 69 missed games if you go off the original 9 man rotation. 

Last year we only lost 107 games from the entire 10 man rotation.  

Year before that we lost 124 games.

A typical injury season we probably win how many more games? 

With Isaac having a full off-season to thicken up, Fournier, Ross, Simmons, and AG to completely heal,  hopefully a defensive center in the starting lineup, and the addition of at least 1 of our 3 picks being NBA ready we couldn't possibly be as bad as we are right now. I would think that we pick up a PG with at least 1 of our 3 picks and we should be looking at Young, Sexton, SAG, Carter, Brunson, Milton, or Graham as our PG of the future. The way DJ & Mack have been playing we can take our time in bringing our new PG up to speed unless they show in camp they are ready to start above those 2. I really like the 6'6 aspect of SAG and Milton if we decide to go big on our 1st pick and I hope the FO can finagle a way to get one of them.

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

With Isaac having a full off-season to thicken up, Fournier, Ross, Simmons, and AG to completely heal,  hopefully a defensive center in the starting lineup, and the addition of at least 1 of our 3 picks being NBA ready we couldn't possibly be as bad as we are right now. I would think that we pick up a PG with at least 1 of our 3 picks and we should be looking at Young, Sexton, SAG, Carter, Brunson, Milton, or Graham as our PG of the future. The way DJ & Mack have been playing we can take our time in bringing our new PG up to speed unless they show in camp they are ready to start above those 2. I really like the 6'6 aspect of SAG and Milton if we decide to go big on our 1st pick and I hope the FO can finagle a way to get one of them.

Yeah.  I mean will we be good next year? Hard to say.  But we won't be top pick bad. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah.  I mean will we be good next year? Hard to say.  But we won't be top pick bad. 

We COULD be good if we get lucky on a few trades and draft well. We HAVE to have defense in the middle though!

42 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Isaac mainly needs to get those ankles strengthened up. That is what keeps taking him out of service.