Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Divincenzo announced he is staying in the draft.  Great future combo guard who I hope we are looking at.  Probable late first round or maybe early 2nd round (would take a trade on our part).  Will take time to transition but Has range, quickness, can defend, can handle the ball, athletic with a 42 inch vertical leap.  Now it is possible 4 of the top 6 Villanova players this year will be taken in the first 35 picks.  No wonder they won the title.

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

They picked Carter for us, eww

I watched but was not impressed.  Sounded like broken records of everything we have heard and read.  AND it sound like just their own plain opinions not based on any new information.  First clue of their fake analysis was when they had Porter. Jr free falling to pick 15 based on his injury.  No other mock draft has that happening at all so that sounds like opinion, without any new information.  I see their mock draft as way more unlikely to happen than likely to happen  including our pick.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

I watched but was not impressed.  Sounded like broken records of everything we have heard and read.  AND it sound like just their own plain opinions not based on any new information.  First clue of their fake analysis was when they had Porter. Jr free falling to pick 15 based on his injury.  No other mock draft has that happening at all so that sounds like opinion, without any new information.  I see their mock draft as way more unlikely to happen than likely to happen  including our pick.

yeah If MPJ falls that low I'm trading for that pick

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I guess I could see Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley, Doncic, Young, Mikal, Carter or Sexton going in the top eight. But I very much doubt the Knicks would pass on Porter if he's there at 9, he's a perfect pick for them because he can play SF with KP at PF, or PF with KP at C. But if they passed on him, the 76ers would be silly not to stash him, the Hornets could use him, and the Clippers would be silly not to take a gamble with one of their picks. 

36 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

I guess I could see Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley, Doncic, Young, Mikal, Carter or Sexton going in the top eight. But I very much doubt the Knicks would pass on Porter if he's there at 9, he's a perfect pick for them because he can play SF with KP at PF, or PF with KP at C. But if they passed on him, the 76ers would be silly not to stash him, the Hornets could use him, and the Clippers would be silly not to take a gamble with one of their picks. 

And even me, guy who's super down on Porter, would start grabbing him at like 10

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

If that will be the scenario, I will trade down with the clippers for their two lottery picks and select him and either Sexton, any of the Bridges, Zhaire or Williams. Whoever drops to that pick.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

If that will be the scenario, I will trade down with the clippers for their two lottery picks and select him and either Sexton, any of the Bridges, Zhaire or Williams. Whoever drops to that pick.

you'd have to, right!?

53 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

you'd have to, right!?

That's an interesting thought. The problem is the Clips are in a worse cap position than we are. So I don't think they'd do pick for pick. 

I'd love to have some type of package of Fournier + Ross + #6 for Harris, Beverley, Dekker, #12 + #13....but that will never happen because that absolutely guts LA, unless they just embrace the rebuild. 

Draft SGA + Lonnie Walker.

There is zero chance we bring in a ton of rookies after hiring Clifford. We might grab a super long term project in the second to just leave in the G-League.