Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I rather draft Bamba and get Okobo with our second. No more lottery.

I like those picks but still think we will be in the lottery next year because I think neither player will last a full season.  Okobo is 20 and Bamba is 19.  It is rare for anyone to be ready for a grueling 82 game NBA schedule at that point in their career.  And I am OK with that because after next year's pick that really should be NO LOTTERY AGAIN!!!!!!

9 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I rather draft Bamba and get Okobo with our second. No more lottery.

We are absolutely going to be in the lottery next year, very likely he year after, and possibly the next

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Two words--Joel Embiid.  Evaluating Porter will require due diligence.  Could be high risk, high reward but maybe not!  If we stay at 5 and he is deemed medically healthy to play we have no worries because he will be gone by 5.  Without the injury he is probably the #1 pick of this draft.  Even with it he may only drop to 6th or 7th (sort of mirrors Embiid's projection) but I think he will go 3rd or 4th and we will endure another "Porzingis" moment!!!!

“There have been cases of players undergoing disc-related surgeries and still performing at a high-level. Danilo Gallinari and Al Harrington both went on to have productive NBA careers after back surgery while Dwight Howard remains a looming presence after a microdiscectomy in 2012. However, a quick look through the InStreetClothes.com NBA Injury Database reveals that nearly three out of every four players to undergo disc-related surgery report additional back problems at some point during their career with several players requiring a subsequent procedure.”

Let me also tell you something about the back, issues there can lead to other injuries and pain because the spine is a major variable on the body's overall health. One thing off can affect many other things and while his surgery isn't terribly evasive, it's not something that usually fixes the issue the person has. It's just temporary pain relief.

No thanks.

11 hours ago, The Boss said:

Fair call, to be honest I haven't seen a thing of him, just saw a mock once saying how good he's going to be. The post was just a bit of fun. How about we change the end to: draft RJ Barrett to fix our SG hole and sign the best FA center we can once Biz and other contracts are gone. Trae - RJ - Isaac - Gordon - FA

good all your post needed was to fit my RJ agenda :)

Bol Bol is decent but his hips are too high he can't get low enough and he won't add much strength. He also lumbers down the court and isn't a quick lateral athlete, it's not a good decade for him to be playing but he will get picked I'm the lottery so good for him

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

“There have been cases of players undergoing disc-related surgeries and still performing at a high-level. Danilo Gallinari and Al Harrington both went on to have productive NBA careers after back surgery while Dwight Howard remains a looming presence after a microdiscectomy in 2012. However, a quick look through the InStreetClothes.com NBA Injury Database reveals that nearly three out of every four players to undergo disc-related surgery report additional back problems at some point during their career with several players requiring a subsequent procedure.”

Let me also tell you something about the back, issues there can lead to other injuries and pain because the spine is a major variable on the body's overall health. One thing off can affect many other things and while his surgery isn't terribly evasive, it's not something that usually fixes the issue the person has. It's just temporary pain relief.

No thanks.

i think it's important to note his back was injured in a collision, not through the physical stress that playing has on his body, proceed 

9 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Two words--Joel Embiid.  Evaluating Porter will require due diligence.  Could be high risk, high reward but maybe not!  If we stay at 5 and he is deemed medically healthy to play we have no worries because he will be gone by 5.  Without the injury he is probably the #1 pick of this draft.  Even with it he may only drop to 6th or 7th (sort of mirrors Embiid's projection) but I think he will go 3rd or 4th and we will endure another "Porzingis" moment!!!!

Pray he goes top 3 so Bamba might be available at 5

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

No thanks.

While every draft prospect is a risk certain ones are more risky than others. At this point in our rebuild I would take a lesser player without physical question marks over a player with more potential that may spend a lot of time in rehab. JI is already our designated rehab player, we don't need 2 of those.

11 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I like those picks but still think we will be in the lottery next year because I think neither player will last a full season.  Okobo is 20 and Bamba is 19.  It is rare for anyone to be ready for a grueling 82 game NBA schedule at that point in their career.  And I am OK with that because after next year's pick that really should be NO LOTTERY AGAIN!!!!!!

The problem with Porter, completely ignoring the injury, is those scoring only wings in high school often end up showing major flaws in college. Shabazz Muhammed, Quincy Miller, Perry Jones. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather build around a really good small forward & point guard combo, with a lot of ball movement. Big men are still able to get big numbers but usually in detriment of team ball.

I wouldn't complain if we drafted Bamba, though. It's better to have talented players with awkward fits than no talent at all

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd rather build around a really good small forward & point guard combo, with a lot of ball movement. Big men are still able to get big numbers but usually in detriment of team ball.

I wouldn't complain if we drafted Bamba, though. It's better to have talented players with awkward fits than no talent at all

I agree about the first paragraph, the second paragraph shows our desperation as fans for talent

• Like 1