Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

Because judging a rookie by how many games they play is always a great idea. Admit it man, you jump to conclusions about our players (in a negative way) way too quickly.

Well let's see, I quickly judged EP as can't shoot or play good "D" and I quickly judged that as good as Vuc is on offense his lack of "D" hurts us. Those are the only 2 players I have been down on before, how am I doing so far? So now I'm saying there is a strong possibility that Isaac will spend a lot of time injured because he isn't built for the NBA. Time will tell on that one. I said the same thing about Porzingis.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So you lack any projection ability

If you say so. I projected long ago that EP wasn't going to be good because he couldn't shoot or play good "D", that Vuc was great on "O" but his lack of "D" would hurt us, and that Porzingis wasn't built for the NBA and would be injury prone. I projected that DSJ will be a great PG and time will tell on that one. I think I'm doing fairly well on my projection ability :D

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

These things aren't 0%/100% things though

And where did I say there was certainty? You don't need to make a strawman here.

I'm saying that what I've seen of Isaac does not give me high confidence in his likelihood of becoming a franchise cornerstone. Aside from skills which develop over time, there are several comments from management and teammates that suggest he may not have the drive to be great.

I'm comparing that to a kid in Europe who has been a professional for years and is lighting things up in the second best league in the world in a way we haven't seen from an 19 year old. And is doing it as an alpha. Is it possible Isaac becomes a better player than Doncic? Yes - everything is possible. But if your assessment is that there is a significantly greater likelihood Doncic is THE guy, then you consider trading Isaac and #5 for that chance.

5 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

there are several comments from management and teammates that suggest he may not have the drive to be great.

Source?

This isn't an Isaac or doncic thing. This is an Isaac plus #5 plus future free agent vs doncic plus Isaac replacement

2 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I guess you forgot that Magic gave up on Sabonis and Oladipo..

Actually that’s a prime example of exactly what I’m saying 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mack1085 said:

There are several comments from management and teammates that suggest he may not have the drive to be great.

I’ve not read this anywhere. Links?

33 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve not read this anywhere. Links?

Me either. Management actually seems borderline giddy with Isaac from everything I’ve read and heard them say in interviews 

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

My assessment so far is that he is a very tall skinny kid that shoots OK, is great on defense, and is good for 20-40 games a year. I can only base my assessment on what I have seen. Yes Isaac MIGHT be a franchise cornerstone, OR, he could be exactly what we've seen in our evaluation year.

One and done's impossible to judge.  Ben Simmons played 0 games last year, Fultz very few this year, Embiid not so much year one---Philly did not give up on any of their players until year 2 or 3.  First year should never be a negative in evaluation only view the positive and improvement on what is needed.   Isaac is a player based on his first year we need to keep due to his skillset and attitude!

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

One and done's impossible to judge.  Ben Simmons played 0 games last year, Fultz very few this year, Embiid not so much year one---Philly did not give up on any of their players until year 2 or 3.  First year should never be a negative in evaluation only view the positive and improvement on what is needed.   Isaac is a player based on his first year we need to keep due to his skillset and attitude!

Not saying he isn't going to be great at all but I would part with him and this year's pick if it's 5th for Doncic. I think he is the ONE!

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not saying he isn't going to be great at all but I would part with him and this year's pick if it's 5th for Doncic. I think he is the ONE!

I think you are right that he is the real deal and wish we would have tanked to have a better chance at him.  Now I hope we win the lottery to draft him, put him at PG and solve that position forever.  I think the price of isaac plus #5 is just too much considering who will be available at #5.  I just think the combo of Isaac/Gordon/our #5 pick/the rest is superior to the combo of Doncic/Gordon/the rest.  Now win the lottery and have Doncic/Isaac/Gordon/and the rest and I am ecstatic!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

and wish we would have tanked to have a better chance at him.

We did tank though.

• Upvote 1