Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I hope that is a joke, halftime of a playoff game is not enough time to do the lottery 

Apologies, they do it pre-game.. they used to force it in at the half

The results are already determined before the broadcast anyway. But it would be cool if they published the actual combinations and the winning combinations for each team haha 

12 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

They only draw 3, then it is done by record after those 3. If anyone other than Atlanta jumps in we get pushed back a slot.

Maybe Philly (and pick may confer to Boston) and Cleveland will both jump us and drop us to 7th.  Lottery is broken and going to be worse next year!!!

27 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe Philly (and pick may confer to Boston) and Cleveland will both jump us and drop us to 7th.  Lottery is broken and going to be worse next year!!!

The odds of this happening is 0.4% or 1 in 250

15 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Draft lottery will be halftime of the playoff game on May 15th... set your calendars

Are you sure about this? It's always 30 mins before the playoff game. 

You guys can be pessimistic about the lottery. It is a single drawing event. We could end up 8th as unlikely as that is. 

But just remember that picking 1, 2, or 3 is a more likely scenario than picking 5th. 

It really doesnt matter what position we end. We are getting a really good player this year anyhow. 

Yes, it will be great to be a top 3 as we will have more options but at 5-7 we can still select Young which a lot here think he will be a great option above others at the top. 

I think we should not stress anymore when it comes to draft position. It is what it is. 

Personally, i like Doncic at the top with even Bamba above Bagley and Ayton. 

Then JJJ , Ayton(coin toss)  followed by Young. 

Doncic

Bamba 

Ayton

JJJ

Young

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You guys can be pessimistic about the lottery. It is a single drawing event. We could end up 8th as unlikely as that is. 

But just remember that picking 1, 2, or 3 is a more likely scenario than picking 5th. 

Hoping for the best even though greatest % is for us to finish 6th (36% chance).  Not pessimistic at all but simply philosophical.  Your second sentence describes it perfectly.  The lottery is a single drawing event which the NBA does not need--NBA is popular enough.  The draft, to me, is about allowing bad teams to get better, to have hope and a chance to be competitive.  Recent history shows many playoff teams getting much better picks than non playoff teams.  First change I would make, if you want to keep the lottery, is any playoff team would go to the back of the lottery based on record.  That would be a start to REAL reform.

We are most likely getting the 6th pick.  I think given how often we've been in this position lately that we're due for an above slot pick, we'll see though.  I understand liking Young from a fit perspective for our team, I really hope if that's how we go then we trade down then.  I don't see him being drafted before CLE at 8, and even then its a ?.  

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How many of you would give up Isaac & #5 for Doncic?

Why? First, we are not sure if we pick at #5 and 2nd we dont surely know how Doncic will adapt to the NBA. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How many of you would give up Isaac & #5 for Doncic?

I would not do that, I would give up #5 and 2nd round pick for Doncic