Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think they're cut from the same clothe for sure.

If we pass on a pg in the first I’m sold on him in the second. The dude is a pitbull

13 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm just basing my opinion on a lot of people that I know that have had back surgeries, none of which were one and done. 

That's fine, but what does that have to do with Porter Jr.? The people you are referring to may or may not have had the same injury or degree of injury. A microdiscectomy, from the literature I read, is not a serious condition and the outcomes are very successful. They make a one inch incision and remove the dead nerves. In most cases you don't even need physical therapy to get back to normal. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't think it matters if he can guard PGs. If he's the real deal on offense he's long enough to guard bigger guys and we can draft or sign a PG to play defense and shoot 3s down the line.

Good point......

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Doncic is going to be special. Kid's eating up grown men in Eurobasket, plus he actually has an NBA body.

Sign me up for a Doncic, Jevon Carter, Austin Wiley draft!

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

That's fine, but what does that have to do with Porter Jr.? The people you are referring to may or may not have had the same injury or degree of injury. A microdiscectomy, from the literature I read, is not a serious condition and the outcomes are very successful. They make a one inch incision and remove the dead nerves. In most cases you don't even need physical therapy to get back to normal. 

That sounds really minor but if it is, why did it take the whole season to be 60%? Did the literature you read say anything about further complications that can be caused by scar tissue, calcium deposits, or the problems that can be created by compensating for the pain in a certain area? I personally don't think he is that great to take that risk when there are similar players who haven't had back surgeries available in our pick range. 

58 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Sign me up for a Doncic, Jevon Carter, Austin Wiley draft!

I would love Doncic and he fits our biggest needs. But we better go 0-11 to get him.  If we count on him at #4 it will be a repeat of when we were #5 wishing for Porzingis to fall to us.  And just like Porzingis Doncic will be taken before #4. 

21 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I would love Doncic and he fits our biggest needs. But we better go 0-11 to get him.  If we count on him at #4 it will be a repeat of when we were #5 wishing for Porzingis to fall to us.  And just like Porzingis Doncic will be taken before #4. 

#lose4luka

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Based on Weltman's comments I do not think we are drafting another player whio has not shown the ability to score in college.  I see our board as Ayton or Doncic 1st and 2nd, Bagley 3rd, Young 4th and Bamba 5th.  If scoring is the biggest criteria, Young jumps up!

I think you're on the right track.  Young is up there because of the need, but in practice I don't think he gets picked before any of those guys and then some.

I'm not one for losing on purpose but we need to find a way to lose to the Bulls and Mavs and Hawks.

The Bulls are RESTING players. They are the team that is trying to lose the most right now. I've clocked on to what they are doing lol sly buggers 

24 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm not one for losing on purpose but we need to find a way to lose to the Bulls and Mavs and Hawks.

The Bulls are RESTING players. They are the team that is trying to lose the most right now. I've clocked on to what they are doing lol sly buggers 

They are too late in the game to seriously get anywhere by tanking. I think they are just trying to protect a top 7 pick. They have to play us and Brooklyn twice yet.