Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

we are what our record says we are...tied with Atlanta for the second worst record in the league

Are we expecting Gordon to miss 20%, Payton to miss 20%, Fournier 16%, Augustin 15% of the remaining games? Because thats a big reason why we have the same record 

10 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We have a physical advantage.  IMO they have better cohesion as a unit and a seemingly better culture at the moment.  They are a better team than us currently.  

We actually might have figured out how to play defense.  101.2 defensive rating since afflalo's punch and birch energized the bench unit.  And that's against good offenses

While I don’t think this team is good, we can’t discount the injuries to Ross, Issac and Vooch, either. If this roster gets healthy, I think we lose our chance at a top pick.

22 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I would be somewhat optimistic of this group next summer if they managed to finish with near 30 wins (28) P4TW.

Eh.  28 wins is just full season 32 win pace.  Not that significant.  

Losing to the Kings tonight would be great. 

But this seems to be a game we will win sadly now that Sac is committed to playing younger players to get them experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

We actually might have figured out how to play defense.  101.2 defensive rating since afflalo's punch and birch energized the bench unit.  And that's against good offenses

I still cant believe that a guy signed for his defense, rebounding, and energy has helped negate some of our problems with defense, rebounding, and energy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember after the allstar break last year when teams really started to tank, we haven't seen anything yet. I agree we will probably win more in the second half, but we are still a very bad team.

7 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yep, the way to improvement is through random acts of Afflalo violence. We just need him to keep swinging at guys the rest of the season hockey style to energize the team to the playoffs.

(If Afflalo swung at a guy every game he could going forward, how many games do you think he'd end up being able to play? How long until they suspend him for the rest of the season?)

But seriously, we are probably going to do something to shake stuff up. I think the front office sees the same thing as everyone here- winning too much more will likely be more detrimental to the team than it will be helpful.

30 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Remember after the allstar break last year when teams really started to tank, we haven't seen anything yet. I agree we will probably win more in the second half, but we are still a very bad team.

We're the Orlando Magic. We'll win games we should lose, miss the playoffs, and pick 6-7 in the draft while other teams pick 1-3 and get all stars.