Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Odin said:

I too imagine a world where our team isn’t run by incompetent idiots.

It’s like whoever comes here wether it’s a coach or GM or player, they just are always worse. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s like whoever comes here wether it’s a coach or GM or player, they just are always worse. 

My favorite dumb mistake was Reece Gaines. 

Let's take a college SF and turn him into a point guard for a playoff team.  

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We are such a lucky team that just wastes our chances for anything great or sustainable.

4 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I suspect any team that even wants Payton can get him for really cheap in the summer so he has no value right now.

He has Rafer Alston value.  3-4 month rental due to injury

4 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I suspect any team that even wants Payton can get him for really cheap in the summer so he has no value right now.

Except he's a RFA so we can offer something cheap and match anything reasonable. I think he's here next year if he makes it past the deadline. 

56 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That’s a much under appreciated one. 

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Enjoy rooting for Sacramento kings east 

Lol cmon. We’ve been bottom dwellers for years now. Nothing is changing in one season. It’s going to take more time. 

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Lol cmon. We’ve been bottom dwellers for years now. Nothing is changing in one season. It’s going to take more time. 

It's gonna take more than time. Takes not being stupid. Literally makes no sense on why we didn't pick up Mario's option.

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:
3 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Except he's a RFA so we can offer something cheap and match anything reasonable. I think he's here next year if he makes it past the deadline. 

I honestly think that if we retain Payton, even cheaply, that I will probably be looking for another team to follow. I have been a Magic fan since '89 but my patience with bonehead moves is gone. Payton sucks. Whether you pay him a little or a lot it doesn't change the fact that he is detrimental to the success of this team. There are a few players I would LIKE to see gone, but Payton is one I HAVE TO see gone.

• Downvote 1

I'm honestly not worried if Payton has limited value. If I'm GM I trade him for whatever asset(s) I could and just move forward knowing that I'm not interested in re-signing him at a higher salary. I'd rather trade him for pennies then just let him walk, I think it's in the best interest of the franchise to go in a different direction at the point. Payton isn't a horrible player, but his lack of consistent shot and his terrible PnR defense has hurt the team more than anything. I feel the pieces we have could benefit more from a change at the point.