Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I'm glad the Magic are playing exciting basketball again, but it's still a little premature. Those wins we have don't look as good when other teams are whooping the Cavs and Spurs.

Check out the win Indiana had against the Cavs. Oladipo and Sabonis looked spectacular. Look at the Pistons win against Golden State. Tobias looked like one of the best players on the Court. Too bad we panicked after that January slump in 2015. 

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm glad the Magic are playing exciting basketball again, but it's still a little premature. Those wins we have don't look as good when other teams are whooping the Cavs and Spurs.

Check out the win Indiana had against the Cavs. Oladipo and Sabonis looked spectacular. Look at the Pistons win against Golden State. Tobias looked like one of the best players on the Court. Too bad we panicked after that January slump in 2015. 

Well you hit the nail on the head, it's still early. But you can't say that and then go on and say so and so is spectacular. 

IMO that slump isn't why we traded Tobias, terrible trade return but we traded him so we didn't have to pay him a massive contract, and skiles wanted familiar faces for whatever reason. 

We traded him because we failed to get a decent back-up or transitional point guard in the offseason. I actually understood why we made that trade, it just failed horribly. Same thing with Oladipo, i knew it was either him or Fournier.  Big thing for me, i was so excited when we drafted Sabonis because i watched his father play. In that month when we traded him away and signed Biyombo i knew Henny was just trying to save his job. The players he drafted do look good, he just sucked at trading and forming a cohesive basketball team. 

What I Like This Year:

- Better pace and ball movement  

- AG's much improved shot and polished offensive game

- Vooch's three ball

- The Juice... This dude is exactly the type of player we needed. Point forward off the bench who has some nasty and is doing everything well

- Ross's defense 

- Isaac's length, defense and great feel for the game

- Fournier's steady improvement 

- Slow Mo's bombs from three 

• Upvote 1

Like the latest Power ranking from SI...way to give us no credit

19. Orlando Magic (4–2)
Last Week: 25

As reluctant as I am to move teams around too much based on early-season results, the Magic have earned all of our attention. I mean, no, I don’t think this team is actually good, but they’re tied for second in the East! The fun should come to an end when they play the Pelicans and drop their second straight game, but then again, who knows! This team is the Biyomb right now

Super early numbers alert: Gordon is currently shooting 88.2% close to the basket. Funnily enough, he is scoring exactly as many points per possession around the basket as he is from the three at his ridiculous 58.8% from range.

That is 1.764 points per possession for you all from those areas.

30 minutes ago, Odin said:

Super early numbers alert: Gordon is currently shooting 88.2% close to the basket. Funnily enough, he is scoring exactly as many points per possession around the basket as he is from the three at his ridiculous 58.8% from range.

Good stuff

36 minutes ago, Odin said:

What I love about that is I can also remember him putting back his own misses at least a couple of times so if you could exclude those as well hed probably be at over 90% at the basket.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

What I love about that is I can also remember him putting back his own misses at least a couple of times so if you could exclude those as well hed probably be at over 90% at the basket.

Yeah.  The passes off the backboard are killing his numbers lol

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah.  The passes off the backboard are killing his numbers lol

88% is just terrible.

What is crazier is that Fournier actually has a higher TS%, at 68.8%- which is basically the same as Curry's so far this season.

These numbers are obviously unsustainable for basically all of our players (say it isn't so!), but Fournier is currently shooting a 54.5%/55.6%/96%, and is shooting at least 50% from every distance but 3-10 feet (46.7%)- but his 2 point percentage might rise some as he is shooting almost 10% below his career average around the basket.