Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

No the Weltman era started by passing up the point guard most here wanted and grabbing Isaac, trading away #25 & 35 in a deep draft for pure garbage future picks, and FINALLY now signing another player that doesn't shoot well.

On the bright side he shot well his last 4 regular season games and in the playoffs, maybe he turned the corner at 27 years old LOL http://www.espn.com/...54/shelvin-mack

Yes you gotta be excited right?

By my calculations, including Mack, the Magic could generate approx. $9.9 mill in cap space if they waive Watson before Tues., Garino & MGH.

Via Twitter

Yes you gotta be excited right?

Thrilled~! I lived in L.A. from '76-93 and was an avid Laker fan during the showtime era. I knew I was moving to central FL so I became a Magic fan since day 1. Based on the direction (or should I say misdirection) of the team these last few years it is getting easier to find things to do instead of watching games. I know I'm JUST a fan but even I can see that some of the bonehead things we do show no indication of trying to assemble a winning team!

Here's some questions I have for the more knowledgeable fans:

Why is Mario still on our team?

Why is EP still our starting PG when he can't even see the basket?

Why would we sign Biyombo to a HUGE contract when we could have had Dedmon much cheaper?

Why did we do the Ibaka trade? Couldn't we have gotten more for VO and our pick?

Why did we sign Jeff Green for $15M? He just signed with the Cavs for $2.3M

Why did we draft a 3/4 when all the world knows that without a PG that can shoot they can just collapse on the 1 or 2 decent shooters that we do have?

Why did we just sign a 4th PG when there are probably no takers for the ones that we already have?

Are we really going to sign AG and EP to big $ contracts when they haven't even shown that they should be starters?

Thanks guys, I feel better getting all that off my chest!

Mack is an upgrade to both Augustin and Watson....... His 3pt. shot isn't great (career 32%), but he's got better size and is a better defender.

Bad shooter but better defender sounds like a wash to me. Especially since no one on our team can shoot.

Just adopt the new motto

No expectations. No let downs.

Magic

That's been the motto for 20 years

• Upvote 1

Why would we sign Biyombo to a HUGE contract when we could have had Dedmon much cheaper?

Why did we do the Ibaka trade? Couldn't we have gotten more for VO and our pick?

Why did we draft a 3/4 when all the world knows that without a PG that can shoot they can just collapse on the 1 or 2 decent shooters that we do have?

Why did we just sign a 4th PG when there are probably no takers for the ones that we already have?

Are we really going to sign AG and EP to big $ contracts when they haven't even shown that they should be starters?

Good questions

Thrilled~! I lived in L.A. from '76-93 and was an avid Laker fan during the showtime era. I knew I was moving to central FL so I became a Magic fan since day 1. Based on the direction (or should I say misdirection) of the team these last few years it is getting easier to find things to do instead of watching games. I know I'm JUST a fan but even I can see that some of the bonehead things we do show no indication of trying to assemble a winning team!

A.Because he's young and showed signs in his rookie year. At the very least see if we can increase his value.

B. It's still summer. He may cut it before camp.

C. Dedmon was older and not going to get better. Biz just needs to be used correctly.

D. Front office panicked and wanted win now moves.

E. It was a one year. He's gone. He helped the tank.

F. We drafted a 3/4/5 who has the most upside who can defend and shoot and might turn into a star.

G. We're waiving Watson. That'll be 3

H. We're gonna see if they make a leap. And Ag is a starter. Just might be more of a David West but could be better.