Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

"In other news, Magic starting point guard tells us he has been working on his post moves, not his shooting. His answer as to why this is the case may surprise you. 'All the other point guards can shoot,' quips Payton, 'But I can't and that really surprises everyone guarding me. I'm kind of like a knuckleball pitcher. You never know what's coming at you.' In a world where shooting is all the rage, it remains to be seen whether Payton is a prophet ahead of his time."

I really can't tell if this is satirical

Are there any more backup PGs we can sign? Jack? Jennings? Lawson?

We're good with point guards now assuming we can count on Vogel not to play Augustin unless it's an emergency

This gives me hope for Payton but man it needs to be like this consistently. Give me this kind of performance 5 out of every 7 games and I would be happy. We usually get this 1 out of every 12th game

Yea just keep the defense honest. Be more engaged consistently. If he does that, we're good.

Sad to say I watched the whole video.

I did too! I have to admit that we suck so bad that I have such an easy time finding something better to do than watch the Magic so I haven't seen many in the past season. I used to watch every game but when it became obvious that management no longer had a clue and gave Biyombo a HUGE deal and signed Jeff Green for $15 MILLION I started just checking box scores most of the time.

I was so excited when Smith dropped to us... I had this vision of taking him then trading EP and some picks to the Kings for #10 and grabbing Monk. There is nobody on this board or on this planet for that matter that can convince me that a PG that can shoot wasn't our # 1 priority. I hope Isaac turns out to be great but the team will never even be good with EP at the helm.

I was so excited when Smith dropped to us... I had this vision of taking him then trading EP and some picks to the Kings for #10 and grabbing Monk. There is nobody on this board or on this planet for that matter that can convince me that a PG that can shoot wasn't our # 1 priority. I hope Isaac turns out to be great but the team will never even be good with EP at the helm.

That would have been the right way to restart this build.

I did too! I have to admit that we suck so bad that I have such an easy time finding something better to do than watch the Magic so I haven't seen many in the past season. I used to watch every game but when it became obvious that management no longer had a clue and gave Biyombo a HUGE deal and signed Jeff Green for $15 MILLION I started just checking box scores most of the time.

I think it's about future FA too. If Isaac develops into a two way all star, that's a lot more inticing to FA's than a dynamic scoring pg who isn't really about defense.

That would have been the right way to restart this build.

Yea and it wasn't some pipe dream. Drafting SmithJr and then trading up for monk (or another top 15 pick) was realistic. Or even if we just drafted Issac then Monk. That would have really kick started this rebuild.

"In other news, Magic starting point guard tells us he has been working on his post moves, not his shooting. His answer as to why this is the case may surprise you. 'All the other point guards can shoot,' quips Payton, 'But I can't and that really surprises everyone guarding me. I'm kind of like a knuckleball pitcher. You never know what's coming at you.' In a world where shooting is all the rage, it remains to be seen whether Payton is a prophet ahead of his time."

Maybe he has a point. Be the best at what he's good at. Drive the ball to the basket if people come off him. Good approach to it. Must surround him with shooters then.

Maybe he has a point. Be the best at what he's good at. Drive the ball to the basket if people come off him. Good approach to it. Must surround him with shooters then.

He's not good enough to build around.