Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I wonder how many more games we win after we cut green. 14? 15?

Yeah I get ya but we need to start seeing what Mario does. We either see him as an valuable part of this team going further or is he a filler to seal a deal. Green just needs to go to a contender.

I'm not up on all the rules, but we don't have anything to gain by cutting Green do we?(other than the fact Vogel can't play him anymore and other guys like Mario will get more playing time).

I'm not up on all the rules, but we don't have anything to gain by cutting Green do we?(other than the fact Vogel can't play him anymore and other guys like Mario will get more playing time).

Nope

I hope Green is traded because then at least we get something out of the signing. But worst comes to worst, he needs to be off the team. I don't think he's an attitude problem, he just sucks and has no potential and eats up minutes.

If Vogel said "We plan on tanking" he'd be fined $20,000 or something by the league and we'd be investigated for not following the competition clause.

The entire point of tanking isn't to lose games more often, it's to put yourself in position to win less often. It's stupid doublethink but it's a weird legal issue.

I hope Green is traded because then at least we get something out of the signing. But worst comes to worst, he needs to be off the team. I don't think he's an attitude problem, he just sucks and has no potential and eats up minutes.

Yes, I actually liked the signing when I first heard about it. We're sitting on a 15 mil salary dump; it could be huge for a lot of teams. If we don't move him then I don't think there is much point in cutting him after that. Sure, it'll open up minutes for other guys, but is that really a good thing? If a proven coach chooses Green getting minutes over Mario then that says something.

If Vogel said "We plan on tanking" he'd be fined $20,000 or something by the league and we'd be investigated for not following the competition clause.

The entire point of tanking isn't to lose games more often, it's to put yourself in position to win less often. It's stupid doublethink but it's a weird legal issue.

While that might be right, regardless I still think they will try to win for the playoffs

Yes, I actually liked the signing when I first heard about it. We're sitting on a 15 mil salary dump; it could be huge for a lot of teams.

Not after tomorrow. If he's still here, probably will be, cut him.

While that might be right, regardless I still think they will try to win for the playoffs

It doesn't matter one way or the other. The team, as constructed, can try all they want for the playoffs but they aren't a playoff team.

Vogel has to say that. Rob has to say that. Bottom line is this team is going to lose, and lose often. No way around that.