Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Probably depends on where the pick falls. 1-4 we probably keep it. Anything outside that I can see us trying to trade it. That will really get FA's attention if we get the right player.

I could see us trying to get Butler with our pick

I could see us trying to get Butler with our pick

I've thought of this scenario as well. I'm not really a Butler fan but I think I'd be down for something like our 2 1st rounders and some future picks that will never happen or add a filler guy like Vuch.

I've thought of this scenario as well. I'm not really a Butler fan but I think I'd be down for something like our 2 1st rounders and some future picks that will never happen or add a filler guy like Vuch.

I wouldn't be mad if Butler was here but I don't know if I really want to give up a draft pick for him.

I wouldn't be mad if Butler was here but I don't know if I really want to give up a draft pick for him.

So EP, Gordon, and Butler. Neither of which are good 3 point shooters...

So EP, Gordon, and Butler. Neither of which are good 3 point shooters...

Who do the Bulls currently have as 3 point shooters? They very well may make the playoffs and I think we have a better roster minus a Butler guy. If he is on our team we are 7-6 seed in my opinion. Again I'm of the opinion that he is a 2nd-3rd best guy on a championship team.

so we're either getting the 4, 4.5 or 5 slots in the lottery tomorrow night. Here's what that means.

if we're fourth: 11.9% chance at the first pick. 12.6% chance at the second pick. 13.3% chance at the third pick. 9.9% chance at the fourth pick. 35.9% chance at the fifth pick. 16% chance at the sixth pick. 1.2% chance at the seventh pick.

if we're fifth: 1- 8.8%; 2- 9.7%; 3- 10.7%; 4- 0%; 5- 26.1%; 6- 36%; 7- 8.4%; 8- 0.4%

if we tie with philly: 1- 10.35%; 2- 11.15%; 3- 12%; 4- 4.95%; 5- 31%; 6- 26%; 7- 4.8%; 8- 0.2%

what it also means is we have a 91.3% chance of picking in the top 6. This means one of Fultz, ball, Jackson, tatum, monk, smith are going to be there. or fox. him too.

if phoenix loses to sacramento tonight we have a 53.1% chance to get the lakers 2019 pick. If phoenix wins those odds drop to 48.65%, still not that bad. (assuming the lakers lose out)

The Magic don’t have particularly firm “answers” at any position going forward.

Point guard Elfrid Payton is interesting, but the organization has waffled on him basically since the day he was drafted and, as if he were an avatar for the team as a whole, he’s not progressed in a meaningful way since arriving in Orlando. Next season marks the final year of his rookie contract, and there’s no guarantee he’s on the team beyond that point.

Evan Fournier and Terrence Ross (acquired when the Magic turned around and dealt Ibaka after it became clear things weren’t working out) are basically the embodiment of league-average wings. Both can shoot, but neither can do much else, though Fournier does have a feistier off-the-dribble game and Ross has bouncy athleticism. Neither is workable as a No. 1 offensive option and neither seems likely to ever become one. Neither is a plus-defender and neither seems likely to ever become one.

Nikola Vucevic is basically a walking double-double and has become somewhat underrated, but he’s regressed offensively as he’s had possessions siphoned away from him and it might be impossible to construct an above-average defense with him heavily involved in the proceedings. Biyombo can protect the rim and some areas beyond it as well, but he has not come particularly close this season to recapturing whatever possessed him during last year’s Raptors playoff run.

Mario Hezonja can barely get on the floor, and can’t find a way to positively affect the game when he does. He’s regressed badly in his second season, rarely showing signs of the uber-confident, sweet-shooting, high-level athlete we saw in Spain and during the pre-draft process. He might be the least impactful player getting 15 minutes a night this season.

Gordon is still the most interesting and promising young player of the group, but the Magic robbed him of a half-season of proper development by trying to turn him into their version of Paul George. He’s surged again since the Ibaka trade allowed him to slide back to his natural spot at the four (15-6-2 on 49.5 percent shooting post-trade, compared to 11-4.5-2 on 42.9 percent prior to it),but he’s not quite yet become the all-around force the Magic envisioned when he stormed through the latter part of last season. How much of that blame lies at the feet of the organization is unclear, but “most” seems about right.

And so the Magic prepare to head into their offseason again needing a major overhaul. They need someone that can run an efficient offense and bring the best out of Gordon. They need to figure out a way to start defending, because whatever they’re doing this season isn’t going to work. They need to inject high-level talent not just for next year, but over the long-term, because there doesn’t appear to be much here beyond Gordon.

Essentially, the Magic are not much further along than they were after they traded Howard, only we know that the front office has tried to take several paths and none of them has really worked. That’s not anencouraging sign, and it’s difficult to find many encouraging to say about the team at all.

http://fansided.com/...-insufficiency/