Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Never would have had Dwight if we kept McGrady.

Not true Tmac was here when we drafted Dwight but decided he wanted to be traded.

• Upvote 2

we traded a mvp caliber player and a solid but unspectacular PF for a Point Guard who almost immediately became replaceable by a rookie, a unspectacular Center and a solid starting shooting guard who lasted 23 games here before we flipped him for a player who decided to retire instead of playing here.

We traded a future finals MVP and a future multiple time DPOY for a player who was injured immediately

we traded a 21 year old combo forward for two players who were no longer on the team as he was torching us in the NBA finals.

We traded a solid starting sg and a good pick in a bad draft for Ibaka who became our best player with inconsistent effort then flipped him for a solid starting sg and a bad pick in a good draft. This doesn't even scratch the surface of bad moves.

I never said it was the WORST acquisition in franchise history, but one of the worst. I also just meant in player acquisition and expectations, not what we gave up to get him.

Going back further, the McGrady situation might have been manageable if we hadn't traded McGrady's best friend, Mike Miller. Imagine a Dwight, Juwan Haward, GHill, McGrady, Jameer lineup, with Miller 6th man... 04 would have been epic if Orlando management wasn't stupid as always.

If we get Markel Fultz, Josh Jackson, Lonzo Ball, or Dennis Smith, we need to make sure we, you know, don't trade their best friend. I don't care if someone is offering us a first round pick for CJ Wilcox, if he's Markel Fultz best friend, tell that other GM to go to hell.

Remember the dude Jack Haley that used to sit on the end of the bench cashing checks keeping Rodman happy.

‏@MagicalNBA

I have said this many times, but I still hear Holiday and Bledsoe are the PGs the Magic like the most outside of a draft pick.

Interesting tidbit I heard today - The Magic may mess with Ross running point now and then for a few mins a game.

I find the Ross @ PG thing interesting because I am guessing he would run 1-4 PnR with Gordon at PF. Maybe that is wishful thinking by me.

just posting what i see.

‏@MagicalNBA

I have said this many times, but I still hear Holiday and Bledsoe are the PGs the Magic like the most outside of a draft pick.

Interesting tidbit I heard today - The Magic may mess with Ross running point now and then for a few mins a game.

I find the Ross @ PG thing interesting because I am guessing he would run 1-4 PnR with Gordon at PF. Maybe that is wishful thinking by me.

just posting what i see.

Man I really would love Bledsoe here if those knees weren't an thing.

Now on Ross at pg, magical so grain of salt, but if Vogel is flirting with that idea, why not incorporate Mario instead?. Mario ran point forward last season effectively. Hell hes better at it then our backup PG'S.

That's not Ross's game at all. It might even do Mario

some good to have the ball in his hands more as I think he's that kind of player and not really a JJ just run off screens type of player.

I don't think Vogel knows how to utilize Mario at all.

I love Bledsoe.

Also, I don't see how Mario is ready to run point forward when he has trouble not dribbling the ball off his knees at times.

I love Bledsoe.

Also, I don't see how Mario is ready to run point forward when he has trouble not dribbling the ball off his knees at times.

well, the last 3 games it looks like he woke up and remembered how to play basketball again so maybe he'll start dribbling well again too.

well, the last 3 games it looks like he woke up and remembered how to play basketball again so maybe he'll start dribbling well again too.

I'm hoping so. He's about the only reason I care to tune into the games at this point , other than being excited to see Ross too.