Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Josh Robbins pointed that out too. Said there was a "weird atmosphere". Can't say I've heard that about sports before. Just wish it signaled an actual change to something!

Def signals the fans are tired of this bull****!

Hey guys been reading these forums since The Dwight era been here for a while now just never post much. Does anyone else see how empty the arena looks. Yikes wonder what the season low is for attendance this may be it.

That's because we SUCK............... AGAIN......... lol

Def signals the fans are tired of this bull****!

I think the fans have been patient and accepting of the rebuild, but it's been five years and people are fed up with the lack of results.

Before tipoff, Vogel was asked what he originally expected from his team at this point of the season.

“I anticipated being as far over .500 as we are under .500 right now,” Vogel answered.

Before tipoff, Vogel was asked what he originally expected from his team at this point of the season.

“I anticipated being as far over .500 as we are under .500 right now,” Vogel answered.

Wow. Here's an interesting question: who is the leader of this team? Honestly, I don't think we have one. All the more reason it may have been wise to keep Jameer, as he was a quiet yet consistent captain on and off the floor.

Wow. Here's an interesting question: who is the leader of this team? Honestly, I don't think we have one. All the more reason it may have been wise to keep Jameer, as he was a quiet yet consistent captain on and off the floor.

We did Jameer a favor by letting him go to a playoff team (who traded him)

I think it's pretty clear that this team has very little chemistry. There does not appear to be any real support of each other and as a whole, morale seems low.

We're kind of like a nothing team at the moment. We're not making the Playoffs and there's no real reason to be excited about what lies ahead at this stage so I can understand why fans are turning away.

I really hope Rob blows it up at the deadline and gets a Jaylen Brown or the like for Ibaka or Vuc so we can let the kids loose and try and drum up some excitement for next season.

I sent this to my ST rep.. I just wanted to vent. Tried to be civil lol

I have been a season ticket holder now going nine years and maybe going on my tenth year. Through good Times and bad times. I know i am small fish in the overall profit scheme of the NBA machine. So my thoughts probably mean very little. But i have to say something...

This management (and i'm not even sure if the blame should lie at Rob Hennigan's feet) continues to say "PLAYOFFS - WE ARE SHOOTING FOR PLAYOFFS". We are not a playoff team and we never were. Signing Ibaka and Biyombo were shortsighted acquisitions. Neither one of them is what we needed. "RIM PROTECTION" DEFENSE" is what we were told when they hired them so we went out and spent approx 90 million on two unproven players. Biyombo with one marginally good "PLAYOFF" season and Ibaka who never carried a team but was at best a 3rd or 4th option on a winning ball club.

I will admit production wise Ibaka wasn't as bad as i thought he would be, but biyombo is a 2nd string center with butterfinger hands who can't seem to catch the ball, but in all fairness is playing as well as he did last year.

Instead of developing rookies and playing them we opt for shortsighted veteran signings of players who haven't proven themselves to be game changers and then play them over existing rookies.

I love basketball and the veteran players are good people in and of themselves but seriously

2017 - jodie meeks, Jeff green

2016 - Ersan Ilyasove, Brandon Jennings, Shabazz Napier, Jason Smith, Channing Frye

2015 - Channing Frye, Willie green

2014 - Aaron Afflalo, Jason Maxiell (Though Aaron did just well enough to trade him for Evan Fournier)

Theses players continue to steal minutes from our rookies and young players "ALL UNDER THE GUISE OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS"

We traded Tobias Harris who you guys had record a "THANKS FOR RENEWING" video for your Season ticket holders, and then a few days later was traded. He has continued to blossom and is and always has been a great 6th man in the jamal crawford style, but for some reason we were trying to force him to be a GO-TO scorer which he isn't. We traded away Victor Oladipo for an expiring contract of a roleplayer. Hezonja while struggling should be getting lots of play time as his play or errors cant be any worse then what we are doing right now.

You need to appease the fans that continue to pay for season tickets. That is your fanbase, they are the ones that keep trying to make new magic fans, and pretending that we are going to make the playoffs is just a joke.

I know the ping pong balls falling the way they were isn't Rob's fault and i don't fault him for not being able to bring us out of rebuilding mode, but instead of rebuilding we tried to shortcut our way with veterans who do just enough to give us 5-8 more wins then we need to "LOOK" better to corporate or big money or shortsighted leadership.

Playing Jeff Green is the worst rotation play we make, and I will leave you with this Statistic i head last night by David Steele - Aaron Gordon makes 93% of his cuts to the basket where he receives the ball. Why aren't we doing more of this? Instead we take contested shots and Elfrid Payton who is shooting 28% from 3 with a career average of 29% continues to shoot 2.2 SHOTS PER GAME - Why do we even have a coach if no one is going to pay attention to statistics?

Yours truly, a very frustrated and undecided season ticket holder for 2017

Nathan

I have been a season ticket holder now going nine years and maybe going on my tenth year. Through good Times and bad times. I know i am small fish in the overall profit scheme of the NBA machine. So my thoughts probably mean very little. But i have to say something...

This management (and i'm not even sure if the blame should lie at Rob Hennigan's feet) continues to say "PLAYOFFS - WE ARE SHOOTING FOR PLAYOFFS". We are not a playoff team and we never were. Signing Ibaka and Biyombo were shortsighted acquisitions. Neither one of them is what we needed. "RIM PROTECTION" DEFENSE" is what we were told when they hired them so we went out and spent approx 90 million on two unproven players. Biyombo with one marginally good "PLAYOFF" season and Ibaka who never carried a team but was at best a 3rd or 4th option on a winning ball club.

I will admit production wise Ibaka wasn't as bad as i thought he would be, but biyombo is a 2nd string center with butterfinger hands who can't seem to catch the ball, but in all fairness is playing as well as he did last year.

Instead of developing rookies and playing them we opt for shortsighted veteran signings of players who haven't proven themselves to be game changers and then play them over existing rookies.

I love basketball and the veteran players are good people in and of themselves but seriously

2016 - Ersan Ilyasove, Brandon Jennings, Shabazz Napier, Jason Smith, Channing Frye

2014 - Aaron Afflalo, Jason Maxiell (Though Aaron did just well enough to trade him for Evan Fournier)

Theses players continue to steal minutes from our rookies and young players "ALL UNDER THE GUISE OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS"

We traded Tobias Harris who you guys had record a "THANKS FOR RENEWING" video for your Season ticket holders, and then a few days later was traded. He has continued to blossom and is and always has been a great 6th man in the jamal crawford style, but for some reason we were trying to force him to be a GO-TO scorer which he isn't. We traded away Victor Oladipo for an expiring contract of a roleplayer. Hezonja while struggling should be getting lots of play time as his play or errors cant be any worse then what we are doing right now.

You need to appease the fans that continue to pay for season tickets. That is your fanbase, they are the ones that keep trying to make new magic fans, and pretending that we are going to make the playoffs is just a joke.

I know the ping pong balls falling the way they were isn't Rob's fault and i don't fault him for not being able to bring us out of rebuilding mode, but instead of rebuilding we tried to shortcut our way with veterans who do just enough to give us 5-8 more wins then we need to "LOOK" better to corporate or big money or shortsighted leadership.

Playing Jeff Green is the worst rotation play we make, and I will leave you with this Statistic i head last night by David Steele - Aaron Gordon makes 93% of his cuts to the basket where he receives the ball. Why aren't we doing more of this? Instead we take contested shots and Elfrid Payton who is shooting 28% from 3 with a career average of 29% continues to shoot 2.2 SHOTS PER GAME - Why do we even have a coach if no one is going to pay attention to statistics?

Nathan

I think this is a pretty well reasoned response.

Nathan

Well said and I believe it speaks for the majority.

Good job.