Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Haven't caught the last 10 games and have been just box score watching but is Payton good now--TS% is almost at 52, WS/48 almost at .100, is positive in both OBPM and DBPM. He was bad tonight but seems to be doing okay prior to that.

Haven't caught the last 10 games and have been just box score watching but is Payton good now--TS% is almost at 52, WS/48 almost at .100, is positive in both OBPM and DBPM. He was bad tonight but seems to be doing okay prior to that.

It's possible. We're not sure yet. It might be his annual good stretch.

He had a tough game last night but he played really hard and was upset with his performance. His mentality is there at least.

he was due. cant expect good games for perpetuity.

and if he keeps up this stretch of 6 on, 1 off or 9 on, 3 off then we have nothing to worry about. The problems show up when last year where he had that good stretch then followed it up with 2 on, 6 off.

Orlando Magic: D+

First-Half Record: 17-24 | Current Record: 18-29 Off. Rating: 29 | Def. Rating: 21 | Net: 27

The Orlando Sentinel recently conducted an interview with Magic GM Rob Hennigan, who addressed his team’s weak start after four straight losing seasons and a summer trade for Serge Ibaka that looked terrible before the ink dried. Here’s a nuts-and-bolts summary of the interview. In Hennigan’s view…

• The Magic were built as a defense-first team but have been “extremely disappointing” defensively…

• The Magic have perimeter players who need to improve offensively in many key areas…

• The Magic have lacked consistent energy and effort despite being relatively young…

• The Magic want to have lineup versatility but haven’t been able to make it work…

• The Magic’s young players are feeling the effects of multiple coaching changes…

• The Magic need more “shooting, shot-making and basketball IQ”…

• The Magic could also use additional “experience [and] feel for the game.”

Or, maybe the Magic just need a new GM.

http://www.si.com/nb...rs-knicks-76ers

How bout the dude that was Morey's right hand man back in the day and now with the Celtics? Zarren?

I am convinced the root of all of the Magic's problems trace back to Elfrid's hair.. if he would just cut that dead animal off of his head our season would turn around!

Kidding aside.. Move Ibaka and other vets for goodies and try again.

As soon as Gordon, Payton, and/or Hezonja are moved they will become Magic assassin's..

I am all for a front office shake up as well. I ran into a Magic employee a year or two ago at an Orlando City game and they advised me that internally there was pessimissim re: Henny's abilities back then.. I was surprised at the time, but now not so much. Some of the employees are prob getting good at sensing these things.. ugh