Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Maybe he's starting to turn the corner. He didn't look like he had 10 cups of coffee on defense last night.

He's been alright a few games in a row now. It's almost time to actually judge him by his play relative to the typical 7th or 8th man vs "is he playable over Watson" benchmarks from recently

I don't think it would matter with Watson because Vogel said, and I agree, that he likes him as a SF guarding and playing against players like size.

It's so crazy because it's hard to gauge what the best lineup will eventually be. Is Payton going to be the PG? Is AG going to go back to the 4 if Mario starts balling? Are we better without Fournier and we need to really address the 2 guard spot with a 6'4 athletic shooter who can also D up? Should Biz start or Vuc?

I'd feel a lot better if these things were being answered. There's more questions now then ever. What is Henny and Vogel thinking?

I don't think it would matter with Watson because Vogel said, and I agree, that he likes him as a SF guarding and playing against players like size.

It's so crazy because it's hard to gauge what the best lineup will eventually be. Is Payton going to be the PG? Is AG going to go back to the 4 if Mario starts balling? Are we better without Fournier and we need to really address the 2 guard spot with a 6'4 athletic shooter who can also D up? Should Biz start or Vuc?

I'd feel a lot better if these things were being answered. There's more questions now then ever. What is Henny and Vogel thinking?

I think Mario is fully capable of guarding 2 gaurds. I think his issue has more to do with technique than ability. His feet tend to stick at points. Its fixable.

I dont mind him playing SF though.

Anybody have any knowledge of Anthony Brown? Strengths and Weaknesses?

Brown was the first overall pick in last year’s D-League Draft. He is averaging 21.6 points per game and shooting 47.2 percent from beyond the arc for the BayHawks this year. He is likely the top overall prospect int he D-League — the D-League’s Web site ranks him third in the entire league.

A NBA call-up was only a matter of time.

The 6-foot-7 guard has had a cup of tea in the NBA. He was the final cut for the Los Angeles Lakers in training camp and played sparingly early in the year for the New Orleans Pelicans. Brown scored 34 points across nine games and 143 minutes this year. He shot 34.1 percent. There is still a question whether Brown can make it in the NBA.

But he has some built-in advantages. The Erie BayHawks run the same offense and defense as the Magic. The transition to playing with the Magic should be smooth.

If the Magic do go through with the signing, he will have that advantage and be able to jump quickly into practice and, possibly games. The Magic are home for a short while before hitting the road again. This would be a good time to integrate him and sign him.

http://orlandomagicd...0-day-contract/