Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Are we really trying to narrow the loss down to one thing?

They shot a bad percentage but they did hit some timely three in the second half.

Our offense also sucked. They have Harden who's having a year.

More than one variables in this loss.

• Upvote 1

They shot a bad percentage but they did hit some timely three in the second half.

I think the one thing we can blame on every loss is the GM constructed a flawed roster.

I think the one thing we can blame on every loss is the GM constructed a flawed roster.

But thank goodness we have flexibility.

Trade Vuc and Fournier. We are better without ball hog Fournier.

This is all accurate. +1.

I also agree with those who say that the ball movement looks noticeably worse when Fournier is in. If I was Vogel, which I'm clearly not, I would tell Fournier that the first time he touches the ball on each offensive possession, unless he has a clear path to the basket or a wide open shot, he must pass it within 3 seconds. No dribbling.

I also agree with those who say that the ball movement looks noticeably worse when Fournier is in. If I was Vogel, which I'm clearly not, I would tell Fournier that the first time he touches the ball on each offensive possession, unless he has a clear path to the basket or a wide open shot, he must pass it within 3 seconds. No dribbling.

A coach would never make that mandate to a player. That would be insulting to the player who believes he can be elite. Fournier has the guts, but not the talent, and for not having the talent, it hurts the team's ability to gel and grow.

The games where Meeks started, I saw something different in the team. Even in the bad loss, it seemed there was a rhythm. It wasn't chaotic. It feels more chaotic with Fournier.

I take everything back I said about Dipo last year. I'd do anything to have Dipo over Fournier any day. We sorely miss Dipo's perimeter defense.

I'd trade Fournier and Vuc. Keep building Gordon. Give Mario a chance. And tank. Not giving up on Payton, Ibaka, Biz, and Gordon. The defensive identity was there, and I believe we can find it again. 1st quarter against the Rockets last night was stellar defense. It's there with the BIG lineup.

Its not really on the coaches. Yeah you can tell them and show them film but moving the ball, finding a play 3-4 steps before it happens or making the team better is sorta an innate ability. Mario has that. Fournier doesn't have that. It's not impossible to develop it but Fournier has been in the NBA for a little bit now despite his age.

It's like a having a QB who can run the ball but not pass accurately or effectively. He can get you yards on foot but your receivers aren't getting the looks and despite heavy yards the QB racked up, his team still loses. You're never going to get that QB to be a pocket passer either. That's Fournier.

Orlando Pinstripe:

Now, as the league continues to transition deeper and deeper into the pace and space style, the Magic are becoming archaic, trying to zig, while everyone else zags.

If they keep moving in that direction, they’re not going to be successful. In some ways, Friday night showed that with the Rockets being able to take advantage of matchups for stretches, and use their three-point shooting as the main weapon in their 29th win of the season.

By the way this the 3 writer to see that we got killed by the 3. For all those doubters who need schooled.

Feels like these writers see the same things I have been preaching.

While everyone is going for spacing and 3''s we go back to the 90's era NBA with twin towers, except our roster has no offense to supplement anything. We literally are a one dimensional team, it's either offense or defense and sometimes it's niether.

Orlando Pinstripe:

Now, as the league continues to transition deeper and deeper into the pace and space style, the Magic are becoming archaic, trying to zig, while everyone else zags.

If they keep moving in that direction, they’re not going to be successful. In some ways, Friday night showed that with the Rockets being able to take advantage of matchups for stretches, and use their three-point shooting as the main weapon in their 29th win of the season.

By the way this the 3 writer to see that we got killed by the 3. For all those doubters who need schooled.

While everyone is going for spacing and 3''s we go back to the 90's era NBA with twin towers, except our roster has no offense to supplement anything. We literally are a one dimensional team, it's either offense or defense and sometimes it's niether.

Just daydreaming but if we could get McCollum

Payton/McCollum/Mario/AG/Ibaka

Fournier would go to Portland in this dream

Just daydreaming but if we could get McCollum

Payton/McCollum/Mario/AG/Ibaka

Fournier would go to Portland in this dream

Yes sign me up. And play each 35+ minutes. Screw the bench hockey line change. Wilt averaged over 48 minutes one year.

Orlando Pinstripe:

They could have hit 30 threes. The math would still be in our favor