Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

There have been many players that went through the same struggles.

Peja in his first two seasons averaged 8 in one and 11 in second. He was averaging 21-23 mins a game. First year he shot 32% from behind the arc and 37% from the field.

Year three was when he blew up.

It's discouraging that Mario is shooting his worst towards the very end of his second year, but I think most are willing to see what he does next year. I'm not optimistic, but for the good of the team I'd very much like to be wrong.

post all star both the regular starting lineup and the starting lineup with biyombo are 2 of only 24 lineups in the league with a positive net rating and more than 70 minutes played.

post all star, the augustin-watson-meeks-hezonja-biyombo lineup is the worst lineup in the league with more than 30 minutes played at -40.6. The augustin-watson-hezonja-green-biyombo lineup is the fourth worst at -27.2 net rating.

our best lineup post all star is payton-fournier-hezonja-gordon-vucevic with an offensive rating of 120.4 and a defensive rating of 91 but only 25 minutes played so it suffers from small sample size. replace Fournier with Ross and you get almost identical numbers. replace Gordon with green and you get almost identical numbers.

There have been 12 versions of the augustin-watson lineups played post all star. only 1 is positive. Augustin-watson-hezonja-green-Zimmerman.

you play augustin and Watson with ross and Gordon its bad.

the reason we're losing is the augustin-watson lineup. It's imperative this offseason we get a backup 2 and push Watson to third string point or off the roster. Its arguably more important than a starting point guard. Because while the starting lineup leaves as much to be desired long term, they're performing basically identical to Denver post all star (Denver has a 10-7 record). This starting lineup is an 8th seed lineup. the bench is an anchor dragging us down.

Why doesn't anyone tell Vogel this???? How is it possible that a poster on this forum can understand the logistics of how these players are so poorly used and our own coach doesn't realize it???? This is frustrating!

I think that doesnt really say much about anything. It lacks credibility when you have the Lakers and the Nets above the Bulls and the Magic. Yes, we are currently bad but not because of lack of effort. The owner is spending money, we have a relatively new arena and for once, we have a decent coach. The issue has been more on the GM and Martin.

We should be better ranked than LA, Sacramento, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Nets, Minnesota, Indiana, Atlanta and New Orleans.

It says 2017 rankings but they may be giving us extra credit for longevity of ineptness. If Im not mistaken we are the best at being the worst these last 5 years (or close). We have historically drafted poorly, done poorly with free agent signings, made horrifically bad trades and failed to keep our superstars when their contracts end and even further alienated future superstars based on the ineptness of the front office, we have had a coach quit on us ta boot and unfairly sent Stan away for coaches who couldnt hold Stans jock (assuming coaches see a need to wear support during a game). It isn't anything to be proud of but we are a special kind of "suck" when it comes to the front office and we have been a special kind of suck for a long long time...I agree with their rankings and may even move us down to last if I look at our history with this front office.

Why doesn't anyone tell Vogel this???? How is it possible that a poster on this forum can understand the logistics of how these players are so poorly used and our own coach doesn't realize it???? This is frustrating!

What's even worse is that Vogel has stated he loves analytics...yet it seems he has yet to look at a stat page this year.

Go Philly! They may be trying to out-tank us, only up by 2 against the Nets

Phil is winning, Minnesota is also winning and even Phoenix is ahead at the moment. Not a bad day for us if this keep up.

It says 2017 rankings but they may be giving us extra credit for longevity of ineptness. If Im not mistaken we are the best at being the worst these last 5 years (or close). We have historically drafted poorly, done poorly with free agent signings, made horrifically bad trades and failed to keep our superstars when their contracts end and even further alienated future superstars based on the ineptness of the front office, we have had a coach quit on us ta boot and unfairly sent Stan away for coaches who couldnt hold Stans jock (assuming coaches see a need to wear support during a game). It isn't anything to be proud of but we are a special kind of "suck" when it comes to the front office and we have been a special kind of suck for a long long time...I agree with their rankings and may even move us down to last if I look at our history with this front office.

All you have said here is mainly the GM fault. I agree that we are at the bottom of the league but how can you have the Nets and Lakers ahead of us.

The Nets!

@OMagicDaily

Hassan Whiteside with a tip in at the buzzer to deliver the #Heat a big win over the #Pistons. #Magic officially eliminated from Playoffs. LOOOL