Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Just listened to Frank Vogel's post game interview and I think he's finally figuring it out with this team. He said speed is beating size in this league and everyone is now in their right positions. Glad he's playing Evan at SF where I feel he's always been better suited.

I thought he was at SG still

You put together the best team you can with a combination of whatever you draft, trades, and finding an overlooked player or two. You're always trying to win.

We've been trying to win the past two years. Prior to that we weren't tanking as much as we just truly sucked. I think Rob had a plan but ownership/upper management got involved and tried to speed up the process, which backfired. Big time. At least Ross is showing and this whole Ibaka fiasco may have been fixed. I'd take Ross 99 out of 100 times over Dipo for this team and that's not even factoring in the contracts.

• Upvote 1

Just listened to Frank Vogel's post game interview and I think he's finally figuring it out with this team. He said speed is beating size in this league and everyone is now in their right positions. Glad he's playing Evan at SF where I feel he's always been better suited.

Finally! AG looks great at PF, and Ross looks like a perfect addition. Mauro is going to weep with joy at Vogel's admission.

Wow!

"It's part of the plan. In this league you need to be strategic. I've been eyeing Ross from the very beginning. Ibaka was never the target. He was the decoy I needed to collect for a team that could use him, and I always felt Toronto could use him. When the right opportunity surfaced for Ross, I went for it. In truth, I'm targeting a couple studs on the draft so we needed to be bad enough to get a better shot at the lottery. If we make the playoffs that's fine. I like this team." Rob Hennigan

Im not convinced yet. We played well cause EP played like a PG.

we played really bad when he does which is most of the time.

He is too inconsistant.

I still believe we need to uograde our PG followed by center followed by SF position.

We are good with Ross and AG in the sg and Pf position respectively.

I like Mario as our 6 man.

The rest are expandable.

Finally! AG looks great at PF, and Ross looks like a perfect addition. Mauro is going to weep with joy at Vogel's admission.

Better late than never, isn't that what they say?

We've been trying to win the past two years. Prior to that we weren't tanking as much as we just truly sucked. I think Rob had a plan but ownership/upper management got involved and tried to speed up the process, which backfired. Big time. At least Ross is showing and this whole Ibaka fiasco may have been fixed. I'd take Ross 99 out of 100 times over Dipo for this team and that's not even factoring in the contracts.

Gave you a +1. I agree with almost all of that. I'm not sure about how much ownership made the calls vs. Rob, that's all speculative unless you're an insider. It definitely is true that we "truly sucked" for a number of years; but that was purposeful. I never said the players were told not to try to win, and I certainly don't believe that. But when you make the team terrible on purpose, you wind up with almost the same result. Players know before the take the court each night that most likely they'll lose. It's hard to give your best and be competitive when that's going on for year after year. I don't like that entire strategy. If you don't get extremely lucky with a Shaq or Lebron type of draft pick, which are quite rare, you have just created a really deep hole for your team to dig out of.

Ross, and I agree with everything you said about him, may be a good example of this. We got him almost by accident. If he turns out to be a key player for this team, and obviously we've only seen him for 2 games but how refreshing those two games have been, it won't have had much to do with tanking.

• Upvote 1

Wow!

"It's part of the plan. In this league you need to be strategic. I've been eyeing Ross from the very beginning. Ibaka was never the target. He was the decoy I needed to collect for a team that could use him, and I always felt Toronto could use him. When the right opportunity surfaced for Ross, I went for it. In truth, I'm targeting a couple studs on the draft so we needed to be bad enough to get a better shot at the lottery. If we make the playoffs that's fine. I like this team." Rob Hennigan

Alternative Facts paid for by the Devos Family.

Im not convinced yet. We played well cause EP played like a PG.

we played really bad when he does which is most of the time.

He is too inconsistant.

I still believe we need to uograde our PG followed by center followed by SF position.

We are good with Ross and AG in the sg and Pf position respectively.

I like Mario as our 6 man.

The rest are expandable.

I agree with these comments.