Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

If we re-sign ibaka I think I'll finally hang up my Magic hat. Looks 36 and plays the uninspired despite being in a contract year.

Dude got schooled by Tyler Zeller. I never thought it could get this bad.

This organization needs to be patient. We need to get rid of the vets and bring back either draft picks or young players to develop and draft high until we get a star while also letting players like Mario get some real burn.

On a second note how is it that Brad Stevens feels comfortable starting Jaylen Brown as a rookie when Vogel thinks Mario needs to recalibrate in his 2nd season. He made an excuse that he wants Mario guarding bigger guys not small 2 guards but he starts CJ Watson to guard a much bigger Jaylon last night over Mario.

Found this gem just now:

"Last year, our hope was to turn the corner," general manager Rob Hennigan said. "This year, we expect to turn a corner. Our goal is to make the playoffs, and our expectation is that we'll compete for a playoff spot throughout the entire season. It's important for us to be playing games that matter at the end of the season. We expect to be in the mix."

Mind you, this quote is from September 24, 2015. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-training-camp-0925-20150924-story,amp.html?client=safari

This guy is way over his head and has no idea how to put together a winning team. I fully believe he's history at year's end.

• Upvote 1

These games are becoming impossible to watch. I remember us being this bad the year after Dwight got traded. I'll likely be looking at box scores from here on out until either Vogel just plays all of our young guys or the team is dismantled.

Watching the games and expecting different results is the definition of insanity

If Ibaka decides to leave then he is a joke. You were given the opportunity to play on a super team but we're unhappy because you wanted to be the man, well you have your chance and you haven't stepped up to prove yourself a star player... Fail

If Ibaka decides to leave then he is a joke. You were given the opportunity to play on a super team but we're unhappy because you wanted to be the man, well you have your chance and you haven't stepped up to prove yourself a star player... Fail

Yup

.........I'll likely be looking at box scores from here on out until either Vogel just plays all of our young guys...

So other than Mario, who continues to throw passes into traffic and turn it over when dribbling, who else do you want to see? Payton and Gordon probably can't play too many minutes more than they're already getting, and who else is there? Zimmerman? Brown?

1485624550[/url]' post='1057359']

So other than Mario, who continues to throw passes into traffic and turn it over when dribbling, who else do you want to see? Payton and Gordon probably can't play too many minutes more than they're already getting, and who else is there? Zimmerman? Brown?

The point is that we should be featuring EP, AG and Mario every game until we see what we have. Look what happened with Harkless, we did the same thing to him with inconsistent playing time, one game on 3 games off and now he goes to Portland and breaks into their starting line up. Throw all 3 guys into the fire and see what happens. I know EP and AG both start and get playing time but they get pulled a lot for backups for way to long of a stretch.

• Upvote 1

The point is that we should be featuring EP, AG and Mario every game until we see what we have. Look what happened with Harkless, we did the same thing to him with inconsistent playing time, one game on 3 games off and now he goes to Portland and breaks into their starting line up. Throw all 3 guys into the fire and see what happens. I know EP and AG both start and get playing time but they get pulled a lot for backups for way to long of a stretch.

This because we already know what we have in these VETS and well that didn't get us very far. SO run the young ones and let them grown together. Payton/Mario/Brown/Gordon/Biyambo.

Augustin/Fournier/Green/Ibaka/Vuc can come off the bench until they are trade or go elsewhere.