Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

last 5 games Ibaka has averaged 17.8 pts, 9.4 rebs, 1.0 asts, 2.0 blocks and 1.8 3s on 52/53/91 shooting

that's close to what I expect for the rest of the season (obviously the three point shooting is unsustainable)

Ibaka career avg is 11.6ppg and 7.4rpg. Ibaka has never avg 17 in his career, his best year thus far was 15.1 and 8.8:

http://m.espn.com/nba/playerstats?playerId=3439

This suggests that your expectation is a pipe dream.

Just having a little What If? moment...

Back on draft night, what if Larry Sanders had been pitching his comeback to a bunch of teams during the playoffs, and his agent had let it be known that he was heading to the Magic. Had the Magic been both allowed to do that and also been suitably impressed by the idea... and never traded Vic for Serge.

Then after the moratorium signed both Sanders and Biyombo. All other moves exactly the same. Except Rudez, this is my fantasy and I can't stand the guy.

How do you think the Magic would have fared thus far?

I've always loved Sanders, I know he can't do the shooting from deep like Serge, but we could trial Sabonis like the Thunder have and I guess I just feel the team would still have more of that youthful enthusiasm even if I did believe Ibaka's reported age.

Or on the other hand would the two big men duplicate talent too much?

At the end of the day I would still want to swap out Vuc for a wing or Vuc and Payton for an upgrade at the 1...

Wow, and that is a pretty significant difference, and on a decent sample size.

That is a much bigger difference than a week and a half ago or so when I looked up those stats. At that time the gap was only at about a 1% difference or so. He has put in some defensive work the past couple of games.

playing vs bench players compared to starters has a major role in that.

• Upvote 1

He gets a much higher usage here

Managing anything near to his career averages over a full season should be considered a win. His decline is real, and his recent run is not sustainable.

If your Henny you gotta think his guy Porzingis not falling to us stings him majorly. If we got him does our situation look totally different? I think it does...

Managing anything near to his career averages over a full season should be considered a win. His decline is real, and his recent run is not sustainable.

How can you tell what is sustainable considering half of his games he looked one way and the other half he looked another? Do you just automatically accept the worst half?

If your Henny you gotta think his guy Porzingis not falling to us stings him majorly. If we got him does our situation look totally different? I think it does...

Very different.