Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

They're perfect except they all blend into the same positions. Along with the other kid we got that will take me years to learn to spell. It just seems like we have a lot jam of frontcourt players with no idea who any of them are or what's best for them. Something might be good for 1 but a disaster for the other 2.

There is no balance just a bunch of question marks.

no this is a good thing (assuming a purge of the players that don't fit).

ross and iwundu and issac and Gordon and even hezonja are going to be able to defend the perimeter better by essentially being a homogenous blob of wings.

it's going to screw up anyone who wants to run a pick and roll/pop or a set of floppy screens to get guys open for threes. our defense will improve significantly.

They're perfect except they all blend into the same positions. Along with the other kid we got that will take me years to learn to spell. It just seems like we have a lot jam of frontcourt players with no idea who any of them are or what's best for them. Something might be good for 1 but a disaster for the other 2.

There is no balance just a bunch of question marks.

Mario is a 2, Isaac is a 3 and Gordon is a 4. Yes they can all switch to each other's positions but their natural positions are very well defined IMO. The second rounder is a good combo SG/SF at 6'7" and long arms. We don't have a log jam we just have two guys (Vuc and Fornier) who need to go because they are taking important minutes from young guys.

no this is a good thing (assuming a purge of the players that don't fit).

ross and iwundu and issac and Gordon and even hezonja are going to be able to defend the perimeter better by essentially being a homogenous blob of wings.

it's going to screw up anyone who wants to run a pick and roll/pop or a set of floppy screens to get guys open for threes. our defense will improve significantly.

Good!

Mario is a 2, Isaac is a 3 and Gordon is a 4. Yes they can all switch to each other's positions but their natural positions are very well defined IMO. The second rounder is a good combo SG/SF at 6'7" and long arms. We don't have a log jam we just have two guys (Vuc and Fornier) who need to go because they are taking important minutes from young guys.

That's exactly what I'm hoping will happen.

Mario/Isaac/AG if Mario is ready.

Trade Vuch and Fournier.

Right. I'm only speaking of the current teams construction. If or when we are able to get rid of Vuch/Fournier it will clear a lot of things up. Hopefully we get it done sooner than later.

So a random thought. Perhaps management didn't use all four picks last night because they wanted to preserve two of those assets in the form of picks for trade purposes.

If AG and Elfrid can replicate the month of April they just had this team will take a huge step forward.

I mean, yeah, sure. If Gordon averages 19-8-2 for a full season, he's probably close to an All-star. Same if Elf averages 16-6-9. Of course, that's taking a tiny sample size of the best six-game stretch for both of them. It's only six games. We went 2-4 in those games. Two of them were against Brooklyn. I think we need to stop looking for those two as saviors.

So a random thought. Perhaps management didn't use all four picks last night because they wanted to preserve two of those assets in the form of picks for trade purposes.

why didn't they trade them for anything then?

Turns out smith has extra knee ligaments and that's why the acl tear didn't hurt his athleticism

Smith Jr. had an extra ligament in his knee. If you didn’t even know that was possible, you’re certainly not alone, as only 20 percent of all humans have one, doctors told Smith Sr. But those who do have the added benefit of quicker recovery times when coming off serious injuries like the one Junior suffered

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/dennis-smith-jr-is-110-percent-healthy-and-ready-to-lead-nc-state-to-a-big-season-080316

Turns out smith has extra knee ligaments and that's why the acl tear didn't hurt his athleticism

Smith Jr. had an extra ligament in his knee. If you didn’t even know that was possible, you’re certainly not alone, as only 20 percent of all humans have one, doctors told Smith Sr. But those who do have the added benefit of quicker recovery times when coming off serious injuries like the one Junior suffered

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/dennis-smith-jr-is-110-percent-healthy-and-ready-to-lead-nc-state-to-a-big-season-080316

Come on, man, you have to give me at least a day before you start posting DSJ stuff. I'm still trying to be happy about Isaac. Don't open up that wound before it's even healed.