Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Splash Brothers: Curry and Thompson

Splash Family: Curry, Thompson, Durant

Swat Brothers: Ibaka and Biyombo

Swat Team: Ibaka, Biyombo, Aaron Gordon

For those of you who have children or animals who wake you up at god awful hours on a Saturday, Canada plays New Zealand at 6:30 am eastern.

Mauro, you'll probably be up from your birthday hangover by then too.

I'd rather dump Watsons 5,000,000 and Meeks 6,500,000. Vuc is a serviceable player on an excellent contract.

Yeah me too. Now who wants those two?

I'd rather dump Watsons 5,000,000 and Meeks 6,500,000. Vuc is a serviceable player on an excellent contract.

Watson is already waived in this scenario and Meeks is expiring

I hope we sign Nick Johnson to our training camp roster, this guy is a good player and could be a cheap serviceable 3rd pg if we want to get rid of CJ somehow.

so right now we have 84.5 million on the books for next year. that's for the ibaka cap hold, biyombo, Fournier, vucevic, augustin, Gordon, hezonja, payton, and a waived Watson.

if the cap is 102 million next year, a 7-9 year max is going to be 28.8 million.

102- 28.8 = 73.2 million.

84.5-73.2= 11.3 million = the money we need to cut.

All this talk about getting space to sign a max FA next summer...what unrestricted free agent are people desperate to clear the cap space to get? Do we really think Curry, Westbrook, or Blake Griffin are viable FA targets next summer? I'm not trying to knock anyone, I'm just not sure why we should be overly concerned with trying to get max space next summer when I don't know why we'd be an ideal spot for any max level players in next year's UFA class...