Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I'm glad he's staying (minus my own selfish hopes that he'd come to Orlando). if I'm in a fantasy league, he's my #1 pick. If they still had Ibaka, I'd pick them over the Warriors in a series.

I see you are from Tampa. I live in Clearwater. Please cross the Causeway and bring whatever you are smoking with you. I can't find anything that potent over here.

With Ibaka in a bigger role, and more fire from Westbrook, with a nice backcourt 2-way player in Vic, I'd surely would've picked the Thunder, as underdogs, in a series vs. GSW. They still have to figure it out and are not as deep. If anyone has any shot to beat them in this run, it has to happen in the first year, when they may not be as cohesive or deep.

I'd look at it as a Mavs team vs 1st year Heat team in the finals. Who won that one?

With Ibaka in a bigger role, and more fire from Westbrook, with a nice backcourt 2-way player in Vic, I'd surely would've picked the Thunder, as underdogs, in a series vs. GSW. They still have to figure it out and are not as deep.

I'd look at it as a Mavs team vs 1st year Heat team in the finals. Who won that one?

That mavs team was deep and beat the heat with ball movement and shooting.

The warriors have arguably the best point guard, the best shooting guard, the best small forward, and the best defender in the nba.

Furthermore, the heat had problems because they were integrating three players who were used to having the ball in their hands and not playing off ball. In this case the warriors have arguably the three best spot up shooters in nba history. A curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, green lineup contains 4 exceptional defenders.

If every game were played in a vacuum where they were protected from injury, fatigue, and boredom they'd go 82-0.

With Ibaka in a bigger role, and more fire from Westbrook, with a nice backcourt 2-way player in Vic, I'd surely would've picked the Thunder, as underdogs, in a series vs. GSW. They still have to figure it out and are not as deep. If anyone has any shot to beat them in this run, it has to happen in the first year, when they may not be as cohesive or deep.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but how does OKC get Vic and still keep Ibaka?

That mavs team was deep and beat the heat with ball movement and shooting.

The warriors have arguably the best point guard, the best shooting guard, the best small forward, and the best defender in the nba.

Furthermore, the heat had problems because they were integrating three players who were used to having the ball in their hands and not playing off ball. In this case the warriors have arguably the three best spot up shooters in nba history. A curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, green lineup contains 4 exceptional defenders.

If every game were played in a vacuum where they were protected from injury, fatigue, and boredom they'd go 82-0.

Nah, it would be more like 79-3.

They'll probably just cruise to like 67 wins or so and then start trying in the playoffs.

They love him for ousting Skiles.

All hail the conquering hero! His master plan of sucking so bad the coach quit went without a hitch.

In all honesty, I doubt we can credit Payton for ousting Skiles. Hennigan, sure. But Payton gets no credit for playing like he didn't give a **** and pouting when asked to give a ****.

Vuc has been working on his 3 point shooting apparently. And Vogel has already said he'd like to try him shooting them. If Vuc could occasionally step out and hit 36+% on 3's that would be huge. It takes some pressure off of AG to be a threat from the outside consistently and could also allow him to see some time on the court playing with Biyombo.