Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Parker is the perfect guy to teach elf

Totally agree. Is that actually a possibility?

Can't believe the momentum trade Vooch or bring him off the bench. Ibaka slots next to him perfectly, not sure why we'd want to break that up (I'll pass on the New NBA, gotta go small, big frontlines don't work anymore argument. Gotta zig when they zag).

I'd target Parsons. Injury history is concerning, obviously, but having a shooter at the 3 is a priority. Batum is highly overrated IMO.

It is still hard for me to figure why Rob would essentially give up going after Horford with this trade. EVery time free agency rumors about him came up, a mutual interest with him and Orlando was always mentioned. Ibaka all but rules that out.

I guess I could see the reasoning like this: We could go out and sign Horford and another max guy and even Fournier. But Horford is not a dominant offensive player, any other max guy would be at best a complementary piece, and Fournier is best as a 6th man; For the foreseeable future you are stuck with a team with no number 1 guy, pending the ascension of Gordon and Hezonja.

Ibaka gives you what amounts to a max guy for a discount for one year with the ability to go over the cap to sign him. You get him now sign that complementary guy this offseason, and I guess potentially sign a real star next offseason. But you still have to re-sign Fournier which kind of blows that up.

But knowing Rob he probably will still go after Horford, put Gordon at the 3 where he is no mismatch, and put Ibaka at the 4 and essentially guarantee he wont come back

Wouldn't it be amazing if we miraculously sign and trade Fournier and whatever assets needed to facilitate a Paul George trade. Wake up....lol...classic dreams at this hour.

Sounds about right unless I'm forgetting someone.

Pat Garrity, thought he could play D.

Brandon Bass (early years)

Tony Battie (played PF and C)

Andrew DeClercq (played PF and C)

Glen Davis (signed for defense)

Drew Gooden (early years)

Ben Wallace (PF who played C out of necessity)

Bo Outlaw (SF but player mostly PF)

Donnell Harvey

Shawn Kemp (somewhat)

Jason Maxiell (PF played C often)

Kyle O' Quinn (PF who played C out of necessity)

Don Reid

Derek Strong

David Vaughn

Horace Grant Part 2 when he came back.

All were mostly defensive players, some had a little offense, but they were here for defense mainly. We have had tons of PF-C who were defensive minded.Remember we tried everyone and every PF-C pairing after losing Shaq.