Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

GAME THREAD: MAGIC Vs. PACERS

I mean, 19-13, we know is possible. And that's good. The 1-15 stretch afterward can't happen again. Cut that in half, and you have another 6-7 wins. How many games have we played this season where you heard post-game that we "just need to learn how to finish off games?" Maybe some of those were in the 1-15 stretch, but I had to have heard that at least 10x or more this season. They played great vs. Spurs, Golden State, OKC. Elite teams.

I sense some development in chemistry. I liked the article on Fournier about him becoming more vocal, because he's understands English more. These are "little things" to us, but it can make all the difference when you take the timeout to rebound from another team's run. That makes all the difference between being 2-8, let's say, in games where you were within 2 pts in the final minutes, and 5-5, 6-4, 7-3.

That kind of discipline needs to be internalized. I think we're heading in the right direction in a steady manner. Should we pick up a superstar, great. But this team is coming together on their own. They want to, and they can. They're believing in it, and they see the results from it.

I checked this out earlier. We have 5 wins by 3 points or less. We have 9 losses by 3 points or less (this doesn't include overtime games when we win/lose by more than three points).

So you figure 2 games there just to get to coin flip odds.

Missed the game on vacay -- why are we winning now lol

So goes Payton, so goes the Magic. This latest stretch has been some of the most dominant games by Payton.

ALSO - it's true. Nicholson is Tim Duncan 0.65.

So goes Payton, so goes the Magic. This latest stretch has been some of the most dominant games by Payton.

ALSO - it's true. Nicholson is Tim Duncan 0.65.

Payton has been solid. Not dominant. Shows what happens when the point guard isn't the weak link.

Need to see this for a longer timeframe. We've been fooled by Payton before.

Founier had tremendous game. The highlight for me was his defense on george. He limited him to 11-23. About 48 percent.

So he 'limited him' to shooting 7 points above his season average? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad George didn't dominate too, but let's not get silly and start thinking Fournier is a good defender. He's not terrible. Good fundamentals. But 'limiting' Paul George to 48% from the floor is nothing to get too excited about.

So he 'limited him' to shooting 7 points above his season average? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad George didn't dominate too, but let's not get silly and start thinking Fournier is a good defender. He's not terrible. Good fundamentals. But 'limiting' Paul George to 48% from the floor is nothing to get too excited about.

Didn't say anything about im being elite defender. That's an average. He limited him the best he could. At least he wasn't. 18-24. limiting a player his caliber to 48 % is a miracle for Fournier is what I was inferring since everyone has been killing the Magic this season/

Didn't say anything about im being elite defender. That's an average. He limited him the best he could. At least he wasn't. 18-24. limiting a player his caliber to 48 % is a miracle for Fournier is what I was inferring since everyone has been killing the Magic this season/

lol, gotcha. It just struck me as funny when I read it, because I was like, "Paul had a good game..." But I agree, Fournier played solid D tonight, and he actually usually does, sort of. He's a good player.

Payton has been solid. Not dominant. Shows what happens when the point guard isn't the weak link.

Need to see this for a longer timeframe. We've been fooled by Payton before.

Exactly. We need to relax. We're gonna have so much cap flexibility and point guards in particular look much better with stars around them. Elfrids lack of shooting sucks but ultimately he has the tools to be a solid starter.

Exactly. We need to relax. We're gonna have so much cap flexibility and point guards in particular look much better with stars around them. Elfrids lack of shooting sucks but ultimately he has the tools to be a solid starter.

He plays well with DD's athleticism by using all of the lob passes. Vooch is too unathletic to play the same way.