Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Im not sure if hes changed or not but why is that everyone acts as if he hasnt played with two of the most difficult players to play with?

95% of Kobes teammates hated him. Why was it supposed to work for Dwight?

Harden is a chucking ball hogging defenseless ego maniac. He could pay the Magic and I wouldnt want him on the Magic.

Dwight can be blamed for a lot but stop blaming him for not getting along with two guys that make it nearly impossible to be a teammate.

What egotistical star was on our team to cause that fiasco and him want to leave? Oh just dwight..he was the man here, he gave it up and made an ass out of himself.

What egotistical star was on our team to cause that fiasco and him want to leave? Oh just dwight..he was the man here, he gave it up and made an ass out of himself.

I stand by my statement that he's the Skiles of NBA players. Skiles not only quit on us but on his former teams as well.

What's even more alarming is that Dwight quit on Houston during this years playoffs -- taking a 3 in the game for example when they were down -- what a joke.

Sure you've been an arse at some point in your life as well.

Jesus...I was refering to the dwightmare 2.0 and dwightmare 3.0 situations that were mentioned in the original post I responded to. In that post he mention having 2 other chances to turn things around.

Dwight is a self centered jackass I get that and not disagreeing.

Dwight moved on to two other teams with bigger or just as big self centered jackasses. That cant be argued.

I woudnt expect him to get along with either of them because no one does!

I stand by my statement that he's the Skiles of NBA players. Skiles not only quit on us but on his former teams as well.

What's even more alarming is that Dwight quit on Houston during this years playoffs -- taking a 3 in the game for example when they were down -- what a joke.

Remember when Lebron quit in the playoffs in his last year with Cleveland?

Remember when Lebron quit in the playoffs in his last year with Cleveland?

Yeah then he proved himself by winning 2 championships. Dwight quit on us then quit on 2 other teams. How are those comparable?

Yeah then he proved himself by winning 2 championships. Dwight quit on us then quit on 2 other teams. How are those comparable?

Lol, yeah, he won two championships after quitting IN the playoffs and quitting on his hometown team, a team that drafted him, via TV and joined a super team in Mia.

I'm not comparing the two. I'm just saying, dumb choices have been made by many. Lebrons decision to leave was his choice and he won a ship but how he did it was dumb and no ring should hide the fact that he indeed quit in the playoffs.

Dwight still has time left so I for one am not going to say that he can't salvage the rest of his career.

Two of the NBA's empty championships. I spit on both of them. Go Spurs, Mavs, Golden State.

Let's look at the "perfect" scenario for a second:

Dwight's scenario:

He wants to come to a team and win a championship - Likelihood: Low

Dwight would have to go to either Cleveland (LeBron hates him), San Antonio (wouldn't put up with his antics), or Thunder/Warriors (wouldn't want to upset superstars / mess up chemistry). Any other team he's not winning a championship with in the next 3 years while he's still relatively relevant.

He goes to the best team who pays him max money (in hopes of winning a championship but wouldn't) - Likelihood: High

He goes to a team who pays him a lot. He doesn't win his championship. He gets frustrated when things go sour. People again remember Dwight and why they don't like him.

He goes to the Magic with the intention of competing but realizing they likely won't win a championship during his tenure - Likelihood: Moderate

This is his best shot at redemption. If he wants money, he'll go to another team. If he wants to be liked again on a competitive team (but not a championship team), he'll come here. Being on the Magic is his BEST shot at redemption (from a narrative perspective). He knows this. He's not coming in as a champion like LeBron did.

The Magic's Scenario:

Getting Dwight - He's a learned his lesson

We win - all around. Good story. Better team. We have a shot-blocker and a defensive anchor for the next 3 years that will help take the pressure off the other players.

Getting Dwight - He's still a headache

We have strong enough management to control him. We cut him. His reputation is officially beyond repair. His PR career is over. He would NEVER let it come to this. We hold all the cards.

Don't Get Dwight - He's good on another team

We say "What If?" and think of the good times we might have had.

Don't Get Dwight - He's a headache for someone else

We say: "Ha! Told You So!"

I just think there are enough positives on BOTH sides for this to not be something we do. Dwight wants it. And we don't really "lose" if he's a headache presuming we get a friendly contract in our favor.

Im of the thinking that Pop can control any player...If they were to look at him Im positive they wouldnt sign him if they didnt think he would work. I just think its really really hard to find a player that wouldnt work in that organization. If he his willing to take less than max I think the Spurs are a pretty great fit for him.

Dwight's human. I think he's being made a scapegoat for what was a larger problem in Houston. For the time he was there, only he and Patrick Beverley ever played like they wanted it. Maybe Ariza was engaged at times. The ending was rough, but Houston also quit on Dwight.

Even when it comes to his Orlando exit...Otis failed that kid. Over and over again. The writing was on the wall with those patchwork trades toward the end...the execution on Dwight's end when everything finally went down was awful, but I actually believe some of what he says about how the Magic handled it too. Our organization has repeatedly proven to to have inept player communication and relations.

That's not to take all of the blame off of him. He had a good situation here and fought his way out of it to go to...Brooklyn? And hasn't exactly proven to be a model teammate in two other cities.

Would I want to see him back? If Vogel and Henny think he helps the team...and the contract is right, I'm not against it.