Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

San Antonio @ Orlando Magic

I mean Vuch is in his third year he shouldn't be making those mistakes as often as he does. Same With Vuch. But your right, they should refine them over time, just don't know how long "over time" really is with these guys.

Well hopefully it won't happen as much against the teams that aren't top 3 defensively.

None of the mistakes were unforced. If the defense caused it then it was forced.

Unforced mistakes are like three seconds calls or Vucevic dropping that pass out of bounds

I consider oladipo driving into the lane recklessly unforced. He brought that all on himself by being out of control.

Scott Skiles said the team is still trying to figure out who the best inbounder is. Obviously still an issue. One they practice. #Magic

Once Gordon has better offence he will be brilliant. I hope to God his offence does come round though. I'm confident it will. In order for us to progress big time we need at least one of our draft picks to become a bona-fide star. I've said it all along he is our best bet as it stands.

Hope he wins the dunk contest also. It will just add to his confidence.

We have to stop trying to go one on one when teams are coming back or it's close. Stick with the offense.

Would have been nice to see Hezonja in the 4th more the way he has been playing and for spacing. Skiles needs to get Gordon back in the game quicker in the 4th.

I think Vucevic dropping that easy inbounds pass was the "Here we go again " point. And Mills steal on the inbound play killed us. Or the bad call on Hezonja's charge.

There was a stretch in the middle of that run where we had chances to extend the lead and we didn't score 3-4 possessions when needed.

But, they made big shot after big shot. And despite good defense, their stars, Aldridge and Leonard. They have far more talent and it showed. I hate how the rich just get richer. The Spurs finally got old and then they get a Kawhi Leonard out of nothing and sign Aldridge to get even stronger. Must be nice to get stars without trying.

We need to come out of the break and get the next 3. If we play like the last 3 games we can turn it around. Just quit making every win difficult and quit losing good leads. We are much better being behind than with a large lead. We need to remember how we get the lead and stick with it. Also, we have got to focus and stop giving second chances late because they kill us. Once we can play D and hold teams to one shot, we will hold off these late runs and get more wins.

This team is heartbreaking though and we never make it easy. I love our team when we come to play, but damn do I want to pull my hair out when we lose these games.

Games like tonight are why I don't miss my season tickets. It's brutal enough watching on TV, but losses like this in person just killed me. The Bulls game last year where we were up like 9 with 50 seconds left and loss was one of the worst nights of my life lol. The worse part is the opposing fans celebrating in your face as you walk with your head down to your car haha.

That was the most embarrassing game the Magic lost last year. Even Chicago didn't know how they won that game. That's how depressing that game was. Losing home games like that projects a negative perception to the local community of casual basketball fans. Granted that the community of Orlando has people from all over the country who are fans a various teams other than the Magic increments how much worse of an experience the Magic games have been at home. Various who live here hate it here if they moved from up north.

This game was in bad taste for me. A step was made in the second Atlanta game. You know what...

just dance people

We have to stop trying to go one on one when teams are coming back or it's close. Stick with the offense.

Would have been nice to see Hezonja in the 4th more the way he has been playing and for spacing. Skiles needs to get Gordon back in the game quicker in the 4th.

I think Vucevic dropping that easy inbounds pass was the "Here we go again " point. And Mills steal on the inbound play killed us. Or the bad call on Hezonja's charge.

There was a stretch in the middle of that run where we had chances to extend the lead and we didn't score 3-4 possessions when needed.

But, they made big shot after big shot. And despite good defense, their stars, Aldridge and Leonard. They have far more talent and it showed. I hate how the rich just get richer. The Spurs finally got old and then they get a Kawhi Leonard out of nothing and sign Aldridge to get even stronger. Must be nice to get stars without trying.

We need to come out of the break and get the next 3. If we play like the last 3 games we can turn it around. Just quit making every win difficult and quit losing good leads. We are much better being behind than with a large lead. We need to remember how we get the lead and stick with it. Also, we have got to focus and stop giving second chances late because they kill us. Once we can play D and hold teams to one shot, we will hold off these late runs and get more wins.

This team is heartbreaking though and we never make it easy. I love our team when we come to play, but damn do I want to pull my hair out when we lose these games.

Our team is ridiculously stressful. I do enjoy watching us but the meltdowns are beyond epic mostly and it is hard to find ways to enjoy them at all. Kinda takes the fun part out massively.

Games like tonight are why I don't miss my season tickets. It's brutal enough watching on TV, but losses like this in person just killed me. The Bulls game last year where we were up like 9 with 50 seconds left and loss was one of the worst nights of my life lol. The worse part is the opposing fans celebrating in your face as you walk with your head down to your car haha.

See. This is where I feel like there's a disconnect.

Losing a series to Detroit when we're up 3-1 was painful. Losing to Detroit continuously over the next several years was painful. Losing to the Lakers on a game winning layup in the nba finals was painful. Watching the finals trophy presentation in person was painful. Watching your team collapse against Boston despite being the best team in the league was painful. Watching main pieces keeping your championship window open decline is painful. Watching your team make desperation moves and clinging to misguided hope of Jason Richardson and Gilbert arenas was painful. Watching your superstar leave and having to start over is painful.

Having your 25 win team blow a lead when they have no real commitment to winning games isn't painful, it's unfortunate.

Just like fsu losing to Clemson this season wasn't painful, it was expected.

Manage your expectations better

Bulls

Pistons

Pacers

They all lost. Hornets won.

Shame we didn't nick that 1 tonight would of been even more back in the hunt.

We play like we did tonight we still have a excellent chance to make the playoffs but it will be hard graft. I'm interested to see what our lads have in their locker.

See. This is where I feel like there's a disconnect.

Losing a series to Detroit when we're up 3-1 was painful. Losing to Detroit continuously over the next several years was painful. Losing to the Lakers on a game winning layup in the nba finals was painful. Watching the finals trophy presentation in person was painful. Watching your team collapse against Boston despite being the best team in the league was painful. Watching main pieces keeping your championship window open decline is painful. Watching your team make desperation moves and clinging to misguided hope of Jason Richardson and Gilbert arenas was painful. Watching your superstar leave and having to start over is painful.

Having your 25 win team blow a lead when they have no real commitment to winning games isn't painful, it's unfortunate.

Just like fsu losing to Clemson this season wasn't painful, it was expected.

Manage your expectations better

Well in my translation, he means a combination of having witnessed disappointment rather than success in more than a 200 games for the past couple of years altogether is painful. The Magic have had plenty of games in which they've melted down or not even bothered to show up when they very well could have had a chance. Hell they could have dominated the opponent. Its like having a crisis every 1 to 2 times a week. Its masochism almost. Its this combination of disappointing games that projects a perception that this team is of hopeless and/or depressing to watch as if they're going nowhere.

The goal is for the Magic to make the playoffs and so far I believe they're underachieving. They don't work hard enough and take things for granted. They aren't focused enough. The horse has been beaten into a fossil fuel at this point that the Magic are YOUNG....and under 25. I know. Doesn't meant these men can't take responsibility.

Winning solves all these problems and its about the quality of those wins to convince the players, the fans, and the community that the team is on the up and up.

No. I'm not panicking. I'm just stating a cold harsh truth. The projection is about right. The Magic need a couple another year to be an average team and a 3rd year to fully blossom into a top 5 east team. A fourth year to become contender I feel. The rate of improvement and efficiency is what matters.