Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

A New Orlando Magic Alternate Logo Idea

Hi everybody, I have been working on this idea for a while now. It's a new Magic alternate logo idea.

About half of other NBA teams incorporate a logo epitomizing ferociousness, grit, and tenacity. I think

that it's time for the Magic to incorporate another alternate logo which would bring out a new attitude

and a sense of what the team is all about (Carolina Panthers?).

_______________________LOOK AT OUR TEAM -- LOOK AT THOSE FACES! :blush:

HkAt29.png

_______________________________________NBA TEAM LOGOS

4vcOXS.png

MAGIC ALTERNATE LOGO IDEA

RoTXTG.png

We should totally have a dragon as our logo. One that shows we're willing to burn our opponents alive and devour their charred corpses if need be.

• Upvote 1

We should totally have a dragon as our logo. One that shows we're willing to burn our opponents alive and devour their charred corpses if need be.

That is the most metal thing ever said on this forum.

why is one of them also a butterfly?

The real question is: "why aren't they all butterflies?"

Well in terms of history, the dragon is a chinese symbol in the modern day. If the Magic want to relate their brand to myth, fable, and folk tales, their logo should be Paul Bunyan. Screw the epic of Gilgamesh.

Creative work and I like the idea, however I don't think the logo makes much of a difference. Only two teams have won a championship since 2000 with a ferocious logo, the 2004 Detroit Pistons and the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, though the Pistons changed their ferocious logo in 2005 back to a basketball type logo. But aside from those two teams the rest of the teams logos were similar to our own:

200px-Golden_State_Warriors_logo.svg.png

2015 Champions

200px-San_Antonio_Spurs.svg.png

2014, 2007, 2005, 2003 Champions

200px-Miami_Heat_logo.svg.png

2013, 2012, 2006 Champions

200px-LosAngeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

2010, 2009, 2002, 2001, 2000 Champions

200px-Boston_Celtics.svg.png

2008 Champions

Granted the 1990s were dominated by the Chicago Bulls and their ferocious logo with six championships, but that team would have won championships if their logo was a Bull dressed as a ballerina. For me, I don't think we need to change our logo or do anything drastic because the look we have works. It manages to take the team name "Magic" and use a classy looking logo, that doesn't look corny. Could we incorporate the dragon? Sure, but it would need the team to rebrand and I'm not sure that's really needed because a new look doesn't bring success. What brings success is a well constructed roster, combined with good coaching.

But creative work!

Creative work and I like the idea, however I don't think the logo makes much of a difference. Only two teams have won a championship since 2000 with a ferocious logo, the 2004 Detroit Pistons and the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, though the Pistons changed their ferocious logo in 2005 back to a basketball type logo. But aside from those two teams the rest of the teams logos were similar to our own:

Mike, first thanks. When I used the terms "ferocious", "grit", etc., I really went a little overboard trying to sell the idea of a third new ALTERNATE logo. I was just trying to grab attention. I know by sporting a ferocious logo does not guarantee a championship, but there is nothing wrong with adding another look to the team's name "MAGIC". . .and why not a magical dragon.

I also want to clarify what I meant by an ALTERNATE logo.

1. The dragon logo WOULD NOT replace the current logos.

2. The dragon image could be used on the players' warmups (shoot around, etc.)

3. It could be used from time to time (promotionally) on websites, fans t-shirts or jerseys. There are so many possibilities without doing away with the current logos.

4. Maybe display it somewhere in the Amway Center, but not to take away from the current logos.

The teams that you and I mentioned that have those ferocious logos do not use them on their in-game jerseys, but you do see them in advertisements or on sports websites and on TNT or ESPN (tv).

______Orlando City Soccer___________________Orlando Magic

F2ZoBv.pngdttkZy.png