Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAMETHREAD: TORONTO RAPTORS VS ORLANDO MAGIC

Attended last nights game in my hometown... pissed we lost but my son and I had a great time.

Couple things i'd like to add as to why we lost.

1. The free throw disparity was absolutely ridiculous. 31 to 8?? Are you *****ing kidding me? That in itself will make us lose. We lost in OT by a whole 3 points...not bad at all if u ask me. I can live with that.

2. The lady ref always ****s on us. FACT. i watch every game and every time she refs us the whistle is blowing.

3. Vooch had a poor night.. air balled some shots and was softer than usual on D.

4. our bench flat sucked. apart from J Smith.

Overall its 1 game...so we need to regroup and push on. We played quite poor if u ask me. We can play way way better.

We have a odd team... good individuals a bit of mix and match.

Great D back court and limited shooting ( dipo coming along thankfully )

Great O front court but very bad D lol....

If we make the playoffs it will be great for experience and for free agent to maybe come.

Our team is on the rise..great things take time. I believe we are even kinda ahead of the curve.

We gotta let Henny and co figure it out.

Oh 1 last thing.. the atmosphere was dead until the end. Amway is louder even on a quiet night.

I'll be over in april/may if we make the playoffs. Which i am gonna say we will. Our young guns rock. WATCH!!

Attended last nights game in my hometown... pissed we lost but my son and I had a great time.

Couple things i'd like to add as to why we lost.

1. The free throw disparity was absolutely ridiculous. 31 to 8?? Are you *****ing kidding me? That in itself will make us lose. We lost in OT by a whole 3 points...not bad at all if u ask me. I can live with that.

2. The lady ref always ****s on us. FACT. i watch every game and every time she refs us the whistle is blowing.

3. Vooch had a poor night.. air balled some shots and was softer than usual on D.

4. our bench flat sucked. apart from J Smith.

Overall its 1 game...so we need to regroup and push on. We played quite poor if u ask me. We can play way way better.

We have a odd team... good individuals a bit of mix and match.

Great D back court and limited shooting ( dipo coming along thankfully )

Great O front court but very bad D lol....

If we make the playoffs it will be great for experience and for free agent to maybe come.

Our team is on the rise..great things take time. I believe we are even kinda ahead of the curve.

We gotta let Henny and co figure it out.

Oh 1 last thing.. the atmosphere was dead until the end. Amway is louder even on a quiet night.

I'll be over in april/may if we make the playoffs. Which i am gonna say we will. Our young guns rock. WATCH!!

Good back to reality but encouraging post. Thank you.

you guys want to see something sad

raqnud.jpg

we outplayed them or played even for practically the entire game except for pretty much the last 4ish minutes of the 1st quarter.

also, skiles, come on. you really need to play Fournier and vucevic 29 straight minutes and Jason smith, what, 22 straight minutes? You cant throw dedmon in there for 2 minutes to give smith a break? You cant play Payton an extra 2 minutes to give Fournier a breather?

dumb.

you guys want to see something sad

raqnud.jpg

we outplayed them or played even for practically the entire game except for pretty much the last 4ish minutes of the 1st quarter.

also, skiles, come on. you really need to play Fournier and vucevic 29 straight minutes and Jason smith, what, 22 straight minutes? You cant throw dedmon in there for 2 minutes to give smith a break? You cant play Payton an extra 2 minutes to give Fournier a breather?

dumb.

So he played the worst defensive bunch, at a time when we needed defense...

Why do you think Frye's contract is that bad? It's a two year 15.2 million contract. That's pocket change.

It is not much about the money but the commitment in years. They might want something valuable in return for Anderson. Just like we want with Fournier.

they have a bunch of other bigs committed for the next 2 years.

Omar Asik salary of 11 millions per year til 2020

Anthony Davis salary kicks in next year at 21 millions til 2021

Ajinca at 5 milllions per year until 2019

Pondexter at 4 millions per until 2018

Cunningham at 3 millions per until 2018

Next yearpayroll will be at 78 millions not counting Eric Gordon, Cole (if they decide to sign them in the offseason) and next year picks.

This is why I think Frye's contract will be bad for them.

Continuing my tirade about the the fouls called, look at the discrepancy in fouls that resulted in free throws. We were called for 22 fouls resulting in 31 free throws, they were called for 16 fouls resulting in only 8 free throws. This goes to my point about the empty possessions: the number of possessions we had with no points at all, versus the number they had with at least 1 point at the free throw line.

I can't imagine us ever playing a game against the Raptors where DeRozan and Lowry shoot a combined 9/39 and 2/11 from the 3 point line. I know it's only one game, but it was ours for the taking, and we let it get away.

We lost a game by 3 points after being outscored by 18 points at the free throw line. Looking at the rest of the stats, the game was actually very close. Just a huge disparity at that free throw line...

I can't imagine us ever playing a game against the Raptors where DeRozan and Lowry shoot a combined 9/39 and 2/11 from the 3 point line. I know it's only one game, but it was ours for the taking, and we let it get away.