Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Payton4, I know you said he isn't legit but funny nonetheless

Chad Evans ‏@TheNBABreak 19s20 seconds ago

Source close to Dwight Howard said he was hurt Orlando has no interest in bringing him back. Thought time should have healed wounds.

@AlexKennedyNBA Because Aaron Brooks signed a one-year deal last summer, he can block any deal. CHI-ORL currently discussing Brooks-Shabazz Napier deal.

Payton4, I know you said he isn't legit but funny nonetheless

Chad Evans ‏@TheNBABreak 19s20 seconds ago

Source close to Dwight Howard said he was hurt Orlando has no interest in bringing him back. Thought time should have healed wounds.

Yeah, that guy...

tell me the last time you saw a freelance reporter who hasn't linked a story in the almost 4 years of his twitter account being active and a google search of chad evans nba retrieves no stories that he's ever written.

So what does that tell you?

@AlexKennedyNBA Because Aaron Brooks signed a one-year deal last summer, he can block any deal. CHI-ORL currently discussing Brooks-Shabazz Napier deal.

That sucks.

@AlexKennedyNBA The reason Aaron Brooks can block any trade from the Bulls is because he gained Bird Rights when he re-signed on one-year deal last summer.

The max contract a player can receive differs by how many years they've been in the league

Thanks. I realized once I read another post and it clicked.

you're a free agent.

if you've been in the league 0-6 years the maximum you can be paid is 25% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary, whatever is greater.

if you've been in the league 7-9 years the maximum you can be paid is 30% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary

if you've been in the league 10+ years the maximum you can be paid is 35% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary.

This is why Kobe's contract is 30 million, because he's been in the league forever and just kept getting those 105% increases at the end of each contract plus the annual 7.5% increase.

so lets say the salary cap goes up to 92 million. the maximum we could pay Fournier is 23 million because it's 25% of 92 million. The maximum we could pay derozan is 27.6 million. The maximum we could pay Lebron is 32.2 million.

thanks. after a few minutes, i realized that's what you meant in your original post. appreciate the effort for the deep explanation though.