Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

If Durant comes here, he's not waiting 2 years. You can't tell me that if we have Durant on our roster we can't win the East. Than instead of plateauing, guys like AG & Mario are still improving which means the team is improving without having to make roster changes.

And we were close with Milsap. That's all you can hope to do is give your best pitch and see what happens. We've gotten some in the past, it's possible.

Listen to what your saying. Durant leaving a top 5 star player to sign with a team with no top players. Do you really buy that?

Know why it happened in the past, 1 we had Shaq, 2 all three free agents were stars and two of them signed and 3 we had a star in Dwight. See the common theme here?

know why Millsap didn't sign? Because ATL went deep into the playoffs last year.

In a perfect world (mimicking the Miami model), we should be able to offer 3 players contracts at least $18 mil/yr. Durant aside, I think it is possible to get players to agree to do this. Unfortunately, this free agent pool is pretty dry and massive drop off from the top. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a miracle.

as long as skiles is around, the magic are on a path to mediocrity

all the analytics people say the magic badly misused tobias

and now one of the best coaches will get his hands on him

today the magic got older, without getting better

i am afraid henny is going to take the fall for skiles and martins

as long as skiles is around, the magic are on a path to mediocrity

all the analytics people say the magic badly misused tobias

and now one of the best coaches will get his hands on him

today the magic got older, without getting better

i am afraid henny is going to take the fall for skiles and martins

We needed to get older. That was one of our main issues. I'm of the opinion that we got slightly better. If not at the least its a wash. With that said after this year if it does not work out with Ilysova and Jennings we will be slightly worse but have a ton of cap space which will allow us to become at least what we are this year on a smaller budget. It could also allow us to pick up a player like Horford or Dorozan or whatever and allow us to become slightly better than this year and hit it real big in FA the year after.

This rebuild sucks because its slow but so far Henny has not made a bad move. I hate being this patient but we are on the right track.

"we needed to get older"

SURE! if you get BETTER

the magic didn't

Jennings is a pure chucker who is a liability if he's not shooting well

Ilyasova is just a euro frye

i dont have a problem getting older, if we get better

the fact is if the magic truly want to make the playoffs, they just made their direct competition better.

"we needed to get older"

SURE! if you get BETTER

the magic didn't

Jennings is a pure chucker who is a liability if he's not shooting well

Ilyasova is just a euro frye

i dont have a problem getting older, if we get better

the fact is if the magic truly want to make the playoffs, they just made their direct competition better.

Well I thought I elaborated on if we actually did not get better which was still a plus being that we shed salary and have no long term contracts with the players we acquired.

I've been drinking though so maybe I wasnt clear enough.....

Listen to what your saying. Durant leaving a top 5 star player to sign with a team with no top players. Do you really buy that?

Know why it happened in the past, 1 we had Shaq, 2 all three free agents were stars and two of them signed and 3 we had a star in Dwight. See the common theme here?

No why Millsap didn't sign? Because ATL went deep into the playoffs last year.

Durant can play with a top 5 player in the West and still win nothing, I.E, what he's done his entire career in OKC. Why do you think James will never go out West? Because he knows he has a clear path to the finals every year. Durant on our team with our current roster makes us either the best or second best team in the East.

Not likely, but I don't think anyone can rule it out 100%.

Durant can play with a top 5 player in the West and still win nothing, I.E, what he's done his entire career in OKC. Why do you think James will never go out West? Because he knows he has a clear path to the finals every year. Durant on our team with our current roster makes us either the best or second best team in the East.

Not likely, but I don't think anyone can rule it out 100%.

That's debatable. Durant where he's at now is a much better team. East is getting stronger (which we played a hand in doing after the trade).

No player does that. Players go to a team with a star is already in place or the team contended the previous season.

That's not true at all. In fact even if you only follow the magic you'd realise it happened with grant hill and tmac (and almost duncan).