Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Nah we'll keep him now because there won't be anyone else to overpay.

If they feel they can unite multiple stars in Free Agency, there is no way Fournier is sticking around. This season is starting to look like the Mario and AG development time while clearing the books for major spending in FA.

If they feel they can unite multiple stars in Free Agency, there is no way Fournier is sticking around. This season is starting to look like the Mario and AG development time while clearing the books for major spending in FA.

We aren't signing any stars man.

I think this might finally be the season wear watching this team gives me a stroke.

I don't like the trade either. We'll see.

basically. this is a move to improve the roster without taking minutes away from Hezonja and Gordon. So you could probably get a better player for Harris, but not one that fits into the rotation rather than forcing us to make a new one.

Clarification. If they aren't permanent pieces. I like the deal.

Clarification. If they aren't permanent pieces. I like the deal.

no. they're "let us compete for the rest of the season and we can kick the tires on Jennings and appease Skiles by getting some more consistent pieces" guys.

• Upvote 1

The Magic have been trying to trade Channing Frye, sources tell Marc Stein of ESPN.com (ESPN Now link), who suggests the effort will accelerate now that the team has reportedly agreed to trade Tobias Harris, who’s Frye’s cousin, to the Pistons for Ersan Ilyasova and Brandon Jennings. Orlando has fielded multiple inquiries on Frye, as Sean Deveney of The Sporting News reported a few weeks ago, adding that an executive from a rival team said interest in the veteran floor-stretcher was high. The Magic apparently denied before the season that they were making Frye available for little in return.

Frye is making more than $8.193MM this season, with about $7.8MM coming next season and $7.4MM in 2017/18, the final year of his deal.

Trade Frye for an expiring and we have an extra $25M in 2016/17 cap space.

Also, fwiw, Jennings has only played in 23 games this season after coming back from injury around new years

last 7 games he's put up 8.7ppg in only 19 mpg.