Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

It's not that he's bad, it's that his average shot attempt is 6.6 feet away from the basket and he's a bad defender. He doesn't have a quality mid range game or three point range.

He's basically a more offensively polished Aaron Gordon without the freakish athleticism if he was only allowed to shoot within 10 feet and plays defense like Vucevic

Dude averaged 35.8 percent at Duke from 3 on about 3 attempts per game. Not exactly jaw dropping numbers but having watched a lot of Duke games there was nothing fundamentally wrong with his outside and mid-range game. Sounds like to me he is being poorly utilized. 48% shooting yet he is only getting a bit less then 10 shots per game.

Change of scenery might serve him well, especially on a team that could really use an alpha scorer mentality on it.

well, we are looking for a legitimate all star veteran.

our biggest weakness is interior defense.

Dwight would help this team out immensely.

on the other hand, I wouldn't enjoy paying 35 year old Dwight 47 million.

plus, it'd be funny if, by the transitive property, we traded Dwight duhon, Richardson, earl clark, and harris for Dwight, shabazz, Payton, Fournier, al Harrington, hakim warrick, and a lakers first.

also, by canceling out dwights, we traded duhon, Jason Richardson, earl clark, and harris for shabazz, payton, Fournier, al Harrington, hakim warrick and a first.

well, we are looking for a legitimate all star veteran.

our biggest weakness is interior defense.

Dwight would help this team out immensely.

on the other hand, I wouldn't enjoy paying 35 year old Dwight 47 million.

plus, it'd be funny if, by the transitive property, we traded Dwight duhon, Richardson, earl clark, and harris for Dwight, shabazz, Payton, Fournier, al Harrington, hakim warrick, and a lakers first.

I agree Dwight helps one of our glaring weaknesses, but bringing him back feels all wrong. Also, in your proposed deal, I think Vooch and Harris is way too much to give up for just Howard.

I'd do that trade 10 times out of 10 if Dwight was making around 12 million per year, and with a 4 year contract or longer.

I wouldn't do it for one and a half seasons, with him waiting for a 30+ million per year contract

i don't really lean one way or the other on a Dwight trade.

I do know that it would make this message board a whole lot more fun in the days immediately after

Dwight is cancer to any team. He wouldn't be the "veteran" presence we need.

Call me crazy... But i will take him back at the right price. He can spread the floor better than Vuc and defensively he will be a threat.

I am not worry about his age. He has kept himself in great shape. Injuries is the only concern here.

Saying that, I dont think we are a team he will consider signing a long term deal. He wants to win now. I see him going to Dallas, okc, or most likely miami.

@XYCromerSome I think the ask is Fournier/Harris for Middleton/Parker.

Via that Magical dude.

Would do this in a heartbeat. I really like Fournier (despite hating when we traded for him) but Middleton more or less brings you the same attributes and I think Jabari is and will be a lot better than he is currently showing. Doesn't really fix our roster imbalances but the upside is much higher