Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Heat @ Magic

Payton, you're the man though

Yeah, he was killing it. That last shot was stupid though. You can only do that same move so many times in a row.

This really felt like a Vaughn game with the horrible free throw shooting and 3rd quarter.

I'm mad but sometimes it doesn't go your way. We still have a way better record than anyone imagined

Its was our second unit. They had some costly turnovers and allowed the Heat to gain a rhythm. The Heat became unstoppable in that fourth quarter. The Magic weren't going to win that game after losing so much momentum from giving up their lead and being scored over through great defense.

Players such as Fournier, Smith, and Tobias started to lose confidence and deferred to passing rather than shooting open shots.

Payton and Vucevic were the players of the game. They were the only players to show gumption out their. You can't afford a close game against Bosh and Wade because they will get bailed out when it comes down to the wire. Granted that Tobias, Payton, and Oladipo were fouled more than 10 times all together, the Heat were called for only 10 fouls tonight.

The magic shot a wonderful percentage but were trounced by the Heat in the fourth allowing the opponent to score 39 points in the fourth. This doesn't help the Magic's rep at all losing to the in state rival on their home court in fact. It already doesn't help that our arena is overrun with heat fans that our louder than our own fans.

Wade and Bosh were on fire with Dragic, Udrih, and Green throwing in some logs.

Paytons Net is flawed at a minus -13 because he was in with the second unit after they lost that major lead. Gordon got lit. Oladipo was getting lit. Fournier was already charred.

This..was a pretty demoralizing loss having played well for the most part of the game. If there isn't an immediate bounce back win, I expect a losing streak.

Our better free throw shooters missing them, during the first Heat run in the 3rd quarter, is what started the collapse. If we make 5 of those, as expected. we would have had lead back to 15 and likely would have been fine. We did pass up some good shots also during those Miami runs. And when you add in turnovers, it was a disaster. Plus Dragic was reaching all game, Whiteside not getting called for obvious fouls, and important missed calls during critical stretches just gave them more momentum. Refs aren't picking on us, but some teams are clearly given the benefit of the doubt, and usually those are the more talked about teams with stars.

In the 4th, our defense's cancelled each other out, it was our out of rhythm offense versus Both and Wade, and we can't go shot for shot with them very long. They kept making plays and we just could stop their momentum. Like every star we play.

Horrible loss and I feel these games keep us from getting respect because they keep us from going on long streaks. We have to win these to reach our goals. I expect a slaughter next time we play them.

Unfortunately, I think we are getting the reputation that if we go up by 14, 15, 16 and it's only the 3rd that we will relax a moment and let the opponent back in. Then if they have stars or anyone with a hot hand, they can simply feed them. Wade and Bosh are slowing, but they can give 8-10 very good minutes if they are tied or within a few points.

Another barometer game that we lost. Going up 15 means nothing if you can't hold it.

Just hate seeing Dipo play the way he is. It's like night and day compared to last year. I for sure thought he was gonna become that first tier player. I hope he finds what he needs quick.

Just hate seeing Dipo play the way he is. It's like night and day compared to last year. I for sure thought he was gonna become that first tier player. I hope he finds what he needs quick.

He seemed to be playing really well offensively right after he was moved to the bench, but not so much lately. He only got 18 minutes tonight. He should probably be getting 30+ even when coming off the bench.

Its was our second unit. They had some costly turnovers and allowed the Heat to gain a rhythm. The Heat became unstoppable in that fourth quarter. The Magic weren't going to win that game after losing so much momentum from giving up their lead and being scored over through great defense.

Players such as Fournier, Smith, and Tobias started to lose confidence and deferred to passing rather than shooting open shots.

Payton and Vucevic were the players of the game. They were the only players to show gumption out their. You can't afford a close game against Bosh and Wade because they will get bailed out when it comes down to the wire. Granted that Tobias, Payton, and Oladipo were fouled more than 10 times all together, the Heat were called for only 10 fouls tonight.

The magic shot a wonderful percentage but were trounced by the Heat in the fourth allowing the opponent to score 39 points in the fourth. This doesn't help the Magic's rep at all losing to the in state rival on their home court in fact. It already doesn't help that our arena is overrun with heat fans that our louder than our own fans.

Wade and Bosh were on fire with Dragic, Udrih, and Green throwing in some logs.

Paytons Net is flawed at a minus -13 because he was in with the second unit after they lost that major lead. Gordon got lit. Oladipo was getting lit. Fournier was already charred.

This..was a pretty demoralizing loss having played well for the most part of the game. If there isn't an immediate bounce back win, I expect a losing streak.

I agree that it is extremely sad that we do seem outnumbered by the Heat in our building by Heat fans, who by in large are quite disrespectful to the property.

To me it sounded like I kept hearing "Let's go Heat!" and I know it could be "Beat the Heat," but let's remove "Heat" from any cheer.

Even worse is most of them are ex-Magic fans who cheered us during the Rashard Lewis/Hedo/Dwight years and Finals run, and jumped ship when LeBron went to South Beach. I see tons of so-called Heat/ Magic fans who claimed to always have bene Heat fans, but change between the teams like the weather. Hope they enjoy the year or two they have left, but stay with your own team don't jump to us when were winning.