CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

We don't need to get any younger at this point.

Free Agency is where this team hopes to add talent so at this point Henny should take the best big still on the board for depth unless someone like Buddy Hield falls to them.

We don't need to get any younger at this point.

Free Agency is where this team hopes to add talent so at this point Henny should take the best big still on the board for depth unless someone like Buddy Hield falls to them.

Don't think we make a big splash in FA unless we bring in someone to get FA's attention.

Don't think we make a big splash in FA unless we bring in someone to get FA's attention.

This is a blind spot for me. I have no idea how oladipo and Gordon are viewed by other nba players.

they might not even consider them. or they might hold them in high regard. Oladipo averaged 29/10/7 against okc this year and put up 45 on Cleveland. maybe the perception of him is better than we think.

• Upvote 1

This is a blind spot for me. I have no idea how oladipo and Gordon are viewed by other nba players.

they might not even consider them. or they might hold them in high regard. Oladipo averaged 29/10/7 against okc this year and put up 45 on Cleveland. maybe the perception of him is better than we think.

I don't think players use such small sample sizes. They play against one another. They know.

Durant to GS is gaining a lot of steam. If true, this free agency is meh and we'll have to wait next year.

I don't think players use such small sample sizes. They play against one another. They know.

Durant to GS is gaining a lot of steam. If true, this free agency is meh and we'll have to wait next year.

That's what I'm saying. Players judge other players based on how they play against them. Oladipo happens to have several good games against good teams. wouldn't be surprising if players had a view of him that was skewed more positively than he deserves.

I played against guys who ended up in the NBA or played in final fours but the best player I've ever played against in a non-pickup game was Darryl Merthie. Because he destroyed my team.

• Upvote 1

I hope we don't take Skal

I see both sides of selecting skal. Wouldn't be my top choice but selecting him at 11 basically says "nobody here is that good, might as well go after a guy who had a high ceiling but high bust potential"

• Upvote 1

I see both sides of selecting skal. Wouldn't be my top choice but selecting him at 11 basically says "nobody here is that good, might as well go after a guy who had a high ceiling but high bust potential"

I think that is the smart way to go in this draft. Better take a chance on a guy that might be a bust but also might be great than use the pick on a guy that most likely will be a bench role player.

I think that is the smart way to go in this draft. Better take a chance on a guy that might be a bust but also might be great than use the pick on a guy that most likely will be a bench role player.

The problem is how you define value.

Skal is a lotto ticket. Small chance of being great high chance of zero return.

Many other prospects have slightly lower ceilings but really high floors and could help the team in a variety of roles.

Who was a better pick in 2008? Javale mcgee or robin lopez?

Many other prospects have slightly lower ceilings but really high floors and could help the team in a variety of roles.

Not necessarily saying Skal is the guy. I have said before that I know nothing about the draft besides what I have read- both here and elsewhere (not a big college ball guy), so I am talking concept instead of specific players- I.E. take long term high ceiling guys instead of right now high floor guys. Obviously there is some variation to this, but the way I see it is the Draft is one of the only ways to potentially get game changing players, so you shouldn't waste a pick on getting a guy who will be, at best, a backup.

As for your other question, it is really hard to say. They have both had their moments, though Mcgee, in my opinion, seemed like he had more potential to become a game changer if he could get his head screwed on right- unfortunately that never happened.

McGee. Lopez was the better acquisition 4 years later.