CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Yano, Philly just might turn upward this year if they finalize the Noel/Teague trade and draft Simmons.

Teague/Simmons/Embiid if he can stay healthy/Okafor might be actually be worth watching next season.

I said the same thing. Plus they'll get another top 5 pick next year. I think Embid is gonna be an animal. Okafor's floor is high and when he has Embid backing him up, it will cover up a lot of his deficiencies.

Teague/Simmons/Saric/Okafor/Embid, top 5 pick next year, I like it. They gotta get Saric over here obviously but he's been lighting it up overseas.

I said the same thing. Plus they'll get another top 5 pick next year. I think Embid is gonna be an animal. Okafor's floor is high and when he has Embid backing him up, it will cover up a lot of his deficiencies.

Teague/Simmons/Saric/Okafor/Embid, top 5 pick next year, I like it. They gotta get Saric over here obviously but he's been lighting it up overseas.

Embid an animal? As in wounded gazelle on the serenghetti.

Embid an animal? As in wounded gazelle on the serenghetti.

Have you seen any of his resent workout videos? He has legitimate injury concerns, but yes, if he's healthy he will be an animal--and not the unfunny attempt at a humorous one you described above.

Why it that funny? Yea i'd rather start someone next to Oladipo that can shoot. It makes Dipo better, makes AG better, makes everyone better. But hey i'm glad I could give you a good Saturday morning life. Payton will be lucky to have the career Watson has had.

I have no issues going on record saying a starting lineup with Payton/AG/Dipo will never be good enough in the half court to contend. Sue me.

Well, not now. We're banking on Payton improving as well as Dipo.

We don't need them to be splash brothers part two.

Well, not now. We're banking on Payton improving as well as Dipo.

We don't need them to be splash brothers part two.

No but if the hope is to actually get to the finals someday, you need them to be much better. To have 3 players in the starting lineup that are as inconsistent as Payton/Dipo/Gordon, I just don't think it ever works assuming the goal is to be great not just good. Of those 3, Payton to me is the biggest issue. Dipo will be a fringe all-star most of his career and AG will be much harder to replace then Payton.

No but if the hope is to actually get to the finals someday, you need them to be much better. To have 3 players in the starting lineup that are as inconsistent as Payton/Dipo/Gordon, I just don't think it ever works assuming the goal is to be great not just good. Of those 3, Payton to me is the biggest issue. Dipo will be a fringe all-star most of his career and AG will be much harder to replace then Payton.

Did u forget mario? Arguably the most potential of all our players

Did u forget mario? Arguably the most potential of all our players

No, I did not forget any players on our team. I'm not as dumb as you think I am. Mario alone won't make up for having 3 players as inconsistent as Payton/Dipo/Gordon. That's why I'm vocal in wanting an upgrade at PG, because I'm fine with Dipo & AG.

Mario is a ways off from even giving us what Fournier did last year. Also, Mario does not have more potential then AG.

Here's the thing, in Payton's rookie year, he had a higher RPM and WINS RPM than any other player on the Magic. I thought he was more consistent than Dipo that year. Last year, I thought he looked very inconsistent and restricted. Can he prove to be a starter in this league? I have no idea, but at least I know why Henny hasn't pulled the plug on him yet.

No, I did not forget any players on our team. I'm not as dumb as you think I am. Mario alone won't make up for having 3 players as inconsistent as Payton/Dipo/Gordon. That's why I'm vocal in wanting an upgrade at PG, because I'm fine with Dipo & AG.

Mario is a ways off from even giving us what Fournier did last year. Also, Mario does not have more potential then AG.

Mario might have a better total impact this year than Fournier did last year.

Here's the thing, in Payton's rookie year, he had a higher RPM and WINS RPM than any other player on the Magic. I thought he was more consistent than Dipo that year. Last year, I thought he looked very inconsistent and restricted. Can he prove to be a starter in this league? I have no idea, but at least I know why Henny hasn't pulled the plug on him yet.

Stop using RPM

Stop using RPM

This. RPM is one of the most useless stats I hear people throw around as a catch-all. RPM is not completely useless - most stats aren't, put in their proper places - but when a statistic tells you that Cole Aldrich is in its top 20, right behind Ricky Rubio, it has no business being used as a barometer of how good a player is or will become.