CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Maybe if Payton finishes the year strong we could do something like that. Keep these empty MCW's like triple doubles coming EP!! It got the Suns Brandon Knight.

Would u be happier if ep had gone 8,5 and 5 instead of 20,10 and 10. U make no sense.

Would u be happier if ep had gone 8,5 and 5 instead of 20,10 and 10. U make no sense.

I already expressed in my post what I hoped Payton would do and why I hoped he would do it.

Two words: Brandon Ingram

To me, that dude plays a ton like a taller Tracy McGrady. Any other better comps? I'd love him on the Magic somehow.

Two words: Brandon Ingram

To me, that dude plays a ton like a taller Tracy McGrady. Any other better comps? I'd love him on the Magic somehow.

get the first pick. That's how you get him.

But he's super inconsistent. might be Wilson Chandler, might be Paul George.

He's most likely going to be something along the lines of Gordon Hayward in the sense that he's got a high chance to be a good player but nothing that says "oh my god this guy should be the number one pick"

Its that same game we play with almost every 19 year old. Is he closer to the guy who puts up 24 and 6 with 4 threes against Indiana or is he closer to the guy who went 10 for 33 in two games against UNC or 8 points on 3/10 shooting and 10 turnovers against Louisville?

I like him, I just don't see enough to justify taking him at 1 or giving up what we need to give up to get him.

so Ingram's best game is probably a 25 point 7 rebound 10/22 shooting night against Virginia.

Wiggins' best games is probably a 41 point 8 rebound 5 steal 4 block 12/18 shooting night at West Virginia

Kidd-Gilchrist's best game is a 24 point 19 rebound 7/16 shooting game against Louisville

Kyrie's best game is a 31 point 6 rebound 4 assist 2 steal 2 block game against Michigan state

I'd keep going further back but basketball reference stops their game logs there.

What do you guys think of Valentine? Comp?

While Valentine doesn't look scared to mix things up on the glass, he's an extremely poor defender that needed to be hidden constantly at the college level in order to not emerge as a liability. While somewhat of a combo guard offensively, he's best suited guarding small forwards who don't have much in the way of ball-handling ability or explosiveness on the other end. His lateral quickness is very poor, he doesn't cover ground well, and his effort really comes and goes, as he often looks fairly lazy closing out on shooters or trying to keep his man in front. Valentine relies heavily on reaching and grabbing his man to try and slow him down, which simply will not work at the NBA level.

Another concern is his lack of burst offensively, as he often has a tough time turning the corner against better defenders in the half-court. His size, strength and ability to change speeds works to his advantage at the college level, but there are concerns about whether he'll be able to do the same against NBA-level defenders, where everyone is much bigger, longer, stronger and more athletic.

With as good of a season as he had, he still converted just 48% of his 2-point attempts (67th best out the 80 college prospects in the DX Top-100) and got to the free throw line just 4 times per-40 minutes (also ranked 67th out of 80). When he is able to get past his man, he often simply isn't explosive enough to finish what he creates inside the paint, forcing him to rely very heavily on floaters.

A player with radically contrasting strengths and weaknesses, Valentine is likely to end up as one of the most hotly debated prospects in this draft class, as NBA teams already seem to be all over the map in how they view him. His ultimate success will likely depend on a team and coaching staff's willingness to utilize his tremendous playmaking and shooting ability, while surrounding him with players who can help mitigate his extreme deficiencies defensively, similar to what Michigan State did. Potentially draftable anywhere from the late lottery, all the way to the end of the first round, it will be fascinating to see how Valentine's NBA career pans out.

http://www.draftexpr...Breakdown-5399/

TNB, thanks, I've read the DE stuff. Curious of the board's take on his potential fit on the Magic

You'd need a creative coach to get the best out of him. Ignoring Skiles, most nba coaches are going to have a hard time figuring out what to do with him. Same issue with georges niang.

He's LeBron without many of the things that make LeBron LeBron. That's a pretty weird player. Reminds me a bit of Boris Diaw. Not in style of play but in weird weapon status that a good coach can harness but an average coach will turn into a role player.

I can't wait for Adam Silver to change the 1 & done. It's gonna improve college basketball and the NBA.

Just about every freshmen from this years class should come back for another year other than Simmons. Even Ingram could use another year. Don't get me wrong, I know why players declare, I would to, but some of these players who declare early are just no where near being ready.