CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Watching Providence-UNC yesterday, I was really impressed by Dunn. The shooting is a question, but outside that he has everything you want in a PG. Long, athletic, good vision, and decisive. He was able to break down defenses and get to the rim almost at will and was able to set up and find open shooters, though they couldn't buy a shot. I only saw the second half, where by was hampered by fouls, so I'm not sure what to make of the defense.

Payton4TW said earlier in this thread that TNT scouting report on him looks similar to Elfrid, but, while I can see how it would at a glance, I don't think the players could be further apart in-game. Dunn played with a command and assertiveness I don't think I have ever seen Payton have, and if Elfrid is a great athlete I don't think there is any evidence of it showing up on the court.

We likely won't be in position to take him, but if we were I would be happy with the pick. My only trepidation is putting another potential shooting non-threat next to Vic. U don't know if he can be a star PG without the 3, but he has all the physical attributes of one.

Hield would be a lock for the Top 5 if he had any PG skills

I don't think it has anything to do with point guard skills and everything to do with concerns about being relegated to a spot up shooter against nba defenders

I love Buddy. I understand the concerns with him, but I think he is athletic enough and a good enough ball handler to be a good player. I think he can become a Jamal Crawford type

Payton4TW said earlier in this thread that TNT scouting report on him looks similar to Elfrid, but, while I can see how it would at a glance, I don't think the players could be further apart in-game. Dunn played with a command and assertiveness I don't think I have ever seen Payton have, and if Elfrid is a great athlete I don't think there is any evidence of it showing up on the court.

It's not like Elfrid didn't do the same thing in college. http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2014-03-21-creighton.html http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2013-11-15-arkansas.html http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2012-11-25-michigan-state.html

I don't think it has anything to do with point guard skills and everything to do with concerns about being relegated to a spot up shooter against nba defenders

Nah, he'd be getting Lillard comps if he could play point guard.

Nah, he'd be getting Lillard comps if he could play point guard.

ah, I misunderstood where you were going with this.

I thought you meant he's not a good point guard, instead you meant if he was a point guard he'd be of higher value because it'd make him a +size point guard instead of a -size SG.

even so, he's basically oladipo in size with pretty much oladipo like point guard skills. His wingspan is almost 6'9. Don't think size will be as much of an issue.

Here's the big problem

Wisconsin- 31%

Villanova- 25%

Hawaii- 44%

Iowa state- 35%

Kansas- 57%

WVA-46%

Iowa State-44%

Baylor- 70%

Texas- 39%

Kansas- 33%

WVA-43%

Texas 50%

Baylor- 42%

WVA-13%

High % shooting games against Duke or Oregon and Kansas would provide additional evidence to show he's closer to a 46% shooter overall against good teams than a 40% shooter.

The question with Hield,

Is he Ray Allen?

Is he JJ Redick?

Is he Jodie Meeks?

Is he Quincy Douby?

Is he Marshaun Brooks?

Is he Morris Almond or Troy Bell?

The good news is our recent funk has put us in the top 8. The bad news is the Lakers jumped top 3 last year and failed to convey their pick. Unfortunately for us they are worse this year and the lotto gods (read commissioner) will not let them fall out of the top 3 again this year. Unless Im mistaken we are likely getting two meaningless second rounders for the D12 trade....

The good news is our recent funk has put us in the top 8. The bad news is the Lakers jumped top 3 last year and failed to convey their pick. Unfortunately for us they are worse this year and the lotto gods (read commissioner) will not let them fall out of the top 3 again this year. Unless Im mistaken we are likely getting two meaningless second rounders for the D12 trade....

• 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.

We still have another year.

We're also not in the top 8. We're tenth.