CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

After this trade, Hennigan has 100% lost my support. He hasn't done ANYTHING since taking over this franchise, we are currently in the longest playoff drought this franchise has ever had since being an expansion team with no hope of getting better anytime soon, and then just traded away one of the few building blocks we had for a freaking role player.

All these comments about Otis, at least Otis built a team that got to the Finals and won a game.

Hennigan has turned the franchise into utter irrelevance. I'm so f'ing over this guy, he needs to go about 3 seasons ago.

• Upvote 1

It's Payton and Hezonjas time. Dipo and Payton can't play together well now Dipo is gone so it's time for Payton to step up. Hezonja will get the extra minutes so well hopefully see him blossom.

Something that has just changed my mind:

How easy is it to find 1) a 6'10" 26 yr old PF who is a great defender and good outside shooter vs. 2) an athletic 24 yr old 6'5" SG who can drive but has spotty shot selection on an inconsistent jumper?

One is much more rare than the other.

At least we still have Hezonja

If there's one guy I liked in this team more than Oladipo it's Hezonja

We dont know him well. Still raw and not much offense seen from him yet.

I just dont see him as a starter yet.

Why do we keep helping other teams out... OKC just found their Harden replacement that can actually play defense. A stretch 4 with length and the 11th pick.

I'm not surprised, I figured Henny would do another stupid pick... I mean the tank year for Oladipo looks really great now.

The tank year was the worse year ever to have a high pick. You can't blame Rob for that. People think Oladipo is a better player then he was because he was selected second. Draft sucked. Dipo is flawed.

I see why the Magic didnt want to throw a draft party this year. They would it destroy the arena once they heard about this trade.

I am a big fan of ibaka but giving our best ofensive player away like that doesnt make sense. We have no Offense at all!!!

There has to be another trade coming. Hopefully Butler, bledsoe??

We need to trade vuc for sure.

If we can sign horford then i willl be happy. But offensively we have nothing.

He's not our best offensive player

I just can't make sense of it.

First, who is replacing Oladipo? The options on the roster are Fournier, who cant defend 2s and does his best offensive work against 3s or backup 2s. Or Mario, which I think would be ok. But if Mario is playing 2, who is the 3?

Second, does this mean we are all in on Vucevic? We all have said Ibaka (when he was good) is the perfect fit next to Vuc, but he doesn't actually get rid of Vuc's weaknesses.

Third, what is the plan for Aaron Gordon now? Prevailing thought was that his future is at the 4. But you aren't going to not play Ibaka. So are they trying to make him a 3? I guess Kawhi made the transition...

Fouth, so are we just not going after Horford now? Up to now he has seemed like he would be the main target and the top player most likely to entertain coming here.

There has to be another move coming

How easy is it to find 1) a 6'10" 26 yr old PF who is a great defender and good outside shooter vs. 2) an athletic 24 yr old 6'5" SG who can drive but has spotty shot selection on an inconsistent jumper?

Fournier is a better fit with Payton then Dipo is. Dipo is a dime a dozen. You are right here.

My main concern is if Serge walks after the season..what a waste that'd be

The tank year was the worse year ever to have a high pick. You can't blame Rob for that. People think Oladipo is a better player then he was because he was selected second. Draft sucked. Dipo is flawed.

He may be overrated but he is better than you give him credit for

So ok this is the logic

Payton and Dipo couldn't co-exist. We all knew we had to separate them. Rob chose Payton; we all chose oladipo. He made that choice and has to live with it.

He is betting his money on Hezonja taking his place, who can shoot. And Fournier. And upgraded our PF/C rotation. AG can learn from Ibaka.

That's the logic. Will it work?