CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Which comment?

"I've coached a lot of great leaders and great point guards in all my years of coaching. Tyler Ullis is the best floor general that I've ever coached."

"I've coached a lot of great leaders and great point guards in all my years of coaching. Tyler Ullis is the best floor general that I've ever coached."

Ah. I'm dumb. I thought you meant literally a comment on here.

Ah. I'm dumb. I thought you meant literally a comment on here.

Lol. I hear you about Shabazz. All I want is improved PG play, and I think the only way we get it right now is through Payton growing, the draft, or a trade.

Not having seen any NCAA, and not trusting highlight videos, every time I go to a draft site I see Demtrius Jackson pop up. Don't see any of you talking about him here. I guess it's obvious because of that, along with being a 6'1" junior, but does he have any chance at being drafted at that spot in reality?

Not having seen any NCAA, and not trusting highlight videos, every time I go to a draft site I see Demtrius Jackson pop up. Don't see any of you talking about him here. I guess it's obvious because of that, along with being a 6'1" junior, but does he have any chance at being drafted at that spot in reality?

k so i finally post this and he's dropped 3 spots for a dude named... Deytona o.0 ... weird

Does he have a chance at going 11? Yes. Will we keep our draft pick and select him? Probably not. Jerian Grant is better than him.

Does he have a chance at going 11? Yes. Will we keep our draft pick and select him? Probably not. Jerian Grant is better than him.

Yikes. Say no more lol. Cheers.

Didn't see much value in keeping the pick given how non-descript the whole thing seems but I just had to ask if he looked any good.

I don't think you can say with any certainty that Grant is the better player.

I don't think you can say with any certainty that Grant is the better player.

I beg to differ.

Here are three things to know about Whitehead’s participation:

1. He has to play his way into becoming a first-round pick. Right now the likeliest landing spot for him is the second round. Orlando and Chicago have expressed interest, but neither is going to take him with their current first pick (11 and 14, respectively). Philadelphia, which holds Nos. 24 and 26, also has him on its radar. Draft Express, the most authoritative prognosticator, doesn’t list Whitehead on its board at all, for either round (it has Baldwin at 15, Bembry at 29 and Richardson at 53).

2. Scouts want to see if there’s a comfort level at point guard. Whitehead was dominant this past season in leading Seton Hall to the NCAA Tournament (18.2 ppg, 5.1 apg) and improved by leaps and bounds as a playmaker. NBA evaluators, however, seem to view him more as a combo guard at this point. He’ll also be measured for height and wingspan, (his listed height of 6-foot-4 seems about right), have his quickness and vertical leap tested, and undergo interviews.

3. Whitehead has until May 25 to stay in the draft or return to the Hall, and there are three possible scenarios as to how this might play out.

Scenario one is he turns in a great combine and cashes out as a first-round draft pick. Seton Hall will benefit from having a player in the NBA and the Pirates still should be a solid squad capable of making a return trip to the Big Dance.

http://www.app.com/s...mbine/84220408/

I like the look of Valentine...

Preferably we pick and package it for a star along the lines of Butler etc etc